burning dj mixes onto cd

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pilkers

Nov 17, 2001
Birmingham
hello whenever i burn dj mixes onto cd i can never seem to get it to be seamless between individual tracks.....i have messed about with the settings in wmp and real player etc but always get a fraction of a second gap...which is enough to disrupt the listening experience....

any ideas how to get round this?

phones:

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
On the mo-fo'in 1's and 2's
i usually find that the only mixes that do this are ones that have been put in a zip file using Winrar. Any other mixes that ive downloaded off the site are usually only 1 long track so no gaps appear, just wondered what mixes you've been downloading ?????

pilkers

Nov 17, 2001
Birmingham
i usually find that the only mixes that do this are ones that have been put in a zip file using Winrar. Any other mixes that ive downloaded off the site are usually only 1 long track so no gaps appear, just wondered what mixes you've been downloading ?????

if we are talking about 1 long track then its not applicable....but quite often a mix cd has been ripped into individual tracks....it always seems to happen whenever i play a burned cd (copy) as opposed to an original

phones:

Robbie Chopper

Mar 23, 2006
On the mo-fo'in 1's and 2's
yeah, windows media player will always do that, it seperates the track because i think its quite a basic type of disc burning piece of software, try to get Nero or some other recent disc burning software, dont think they're that expensive from the shops although i'm sure there will be some way to "blag" em off the net, best way is to find someone who has em and borrow their disc ;)

Robbie :D

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
A similar question..
If you download a commercial mix off the net which is in seperate tracks, do you have to burn it to disc to make the mix seamless, or is there a program which just allows you to join tracks on your harddrive (without having to burn a disc). I seem to waste loads of cds by having to burn these mixes.

swatt

Apr 22, 2007
Italy
Yes, you can.. for example with Wavelab or with Nero Audio Editing... but it take a little bit of time. In this way you have a single track (with all mixed songs)

Instead, for the seconds beetwen each track, on Nero, you can choose how seconds you want 0 (no pause), 1, 2, 3 (there is a function "Pause")

By the way, there are some cd/dvd writer that don't allow/permit to delete this 1/2 seconds of pause.. (it's my case :mad: my dvdwr is BTC )