Burglar alarms....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Vickles

Jan 21, 2005
Butty's pub :D
A friend of mine got burgled recently (between 2-4 in the afternoon might I add) and they took absolutely everything :mad:

It's made me feel quite anxious about our house now so I'm hoping to get a burglar alarm fitted. Just wondered if any of you guys do this or can recommend anyone at a reasonable price?

xx

stetheboro

Jul 21, 2001
Louisiana formerly Middlesbrough
Here in the USA I don't lock my doors as I have family living each side of me and a German Shepherd that sits on the front door step all the time. I also leave the keys in my truck and not have any fear of it ever being taken.

It really is different to living in the UK where I would lock the doors whilst in the house.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
They are a waste of time as no one bothers if house alarms go off anymore.

You'd be better off getting one that either contacts the police (contract required and costly) or one that would at least send you a text message if it went off.

I imagine the text message would read something like...

"some twat has broke in ya house!!!! get home now and twat the fucker"
:LOL:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
vik there are a few companys that advertise in the evening news and they are not bad prices.....my mum got hers out of there years ago and had no probs....if she did they came out to sort it:thumbsup:

your probs looking at a couple of hundred for something decent, pressure mat and sensors and also the door contacts front and back.

dont get one of them where you have to wire everything in yourself......coz they just look shite and never enough wire:|