browser trouble

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
can any 1 help, my browsers have gone really shit at opening pages ,i mean dead fookin slow . ive tryed everything from running all my spywares cleaning all my history , reinstalling firefox . ive cleaned reg , run antivirus , nothing seems to be working but my router still says i'm getting this

ADSL Firmware Version 6.01.00.12
Modem Status Connected
DownStream Connection Speed 7168 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps

so i cant understand the problem . and when i,m downloading stuff it still seems fast, it just browsing the web has gone dead slow ... can any help

thanks. Dylan :thumbsup:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Who is your internet service provider?

You might need to use a web proxy if their proxy is having problems - NTL (now virgin) used to have problems and you had to enter different web proxy server info to bypass the one that was being slow/buggy at the time.

Do a google search for your ISP+web proxy info and see if anyone else on the same network/your local area is having the same problems, or if there's any fixes for it.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Do you have torrents or downloads running whilst browsing? that can often be a result of slow pages loading/images not displaying for ages.

If that isn't it, mail their Tech support and see if there's sommat they can sort out like...