Breakdancing Films

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stee

Mar 10, 2004
soundcloud.com
This might sound a bit random, but does anyone know the names of any films about breakdancing?

One of the lads in work was just asking me if I knew of any, I can vaguely picture one but the name escapes me (or I might have dreamt it, who knows?)

Any help appreciated. :thumbsup:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
There was Breakdance - The Movie (called Breakin' in America), me and a couple of mates nicked off school to go and see it, we were the only one's in the cinema apart from this Chinese bloke. At the end of the film when the credits started the chinese bloke went down the front and started doing the caterpilla, then he grabbed my mate and bummed him in the bogs - great days!

That didn't happen btw (the bummin bit), everything else did though.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
It was a pretty shite film btw though, a better film would be Wild Style, although that's the whole Hip Hop scene (graffiti, mc'ing, dj'ing etc) rather than just breakdancing.

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
There was also the follow up Breakdance 2: is Electric Boogaloo

What a pile of shite that was lol

Liked the first one, but Beat Street was better imo :thumbsup:

simzzzz

there is a couple of films / documentries around like...

Beat street
bad meaning good
Style wars
the hip hop years
hip hop nights
beat this
bombin

they are not solely breakdancing though and are mainly about the 5 elements of hip hop ..Breaking / graffitti /MCing / Djing / B Boying
worth watching though :thumbsup:

if you go on a download site like U torrent, you can get breakdance tutorials and other videos of battles and stuff

kitch89

Apr 4, 2006
Hertfordshire
I found Breakdance or 'Breakin' as its now called in a dvd shop and took it home. I put it on in great anticipation of the cool film I remembered from my school days. I was rather disappointed when I watched it and didnt realise just how camp it was. Then again that film came from the era when I was shocked and surprised to find out Freddie Mercury was gay !
:spin:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
beware. breakdance the movie and the follow up are both rubbish. its early west coast stuff.. ie guys doing silly dance routines in silly clothes:S

beat street is probably the best film for breaking. both new york city breakers and rocksteady crew are on there:D my favourite is wildstyle.1982 filmed in south bronx. its low budget but some of the scenes are excellent. oldskool hip hop at its best. fantastic freaks and cold crush playing live at the dixi(famous hip hop club in the bronx where grandmaster flash played) also the end scene is a block party at an amphitheatre, in the east river park lower manhattan. which i belive is still standing. rammellzee & shock dell are rapping on stage with a very early rocksteady crew, breaking....:thumbsup: its quality.

but if you wanna get your mitts on some top breakdance footage try this link.
BATTLE OF THE YEAR

you can get hold of the world breakdancing championships on dvd here. some pretty awsome stuff on these dvds. especially some of the moves the koreans are doing... hope this helps;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Beat Street is undoubtedly the best, no question!:cool: :thumbsup:

Breakdance was as gay as Flashdance - cept for 3 great scenes and wasn't even really about the culture:|

kevp

Sep 20, 2006
ellesmere port
yeah there was some made in early 80`s beat street,wild style an breakdance the movie an maybe a few more...gods knows where youll find any copies,happy hunting :turn:

Dave J

Jan 3, 2004
This might sound a bit random, but does anyone know the names of any films about breakdancing?

One of the lads in work was just asking me if I knew of any, I can vaguely picture one but the name escapes me (or I might have dreamt it, who knows?)

Funny you should ask.

I uploaded an old documentary, Breakin' & Enterin' for someone the other day.

It was filmed in L.A 1983 with Ice-T. Personally i think its crap, but still worth a watch i supppose. :)

QuickSharing.com - Files Shared Quick! Up to 500MB!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Cheers for that mate:thumbsup: you're a star!!:D

I've been wanting to watch that since I heard about it a few months back after buying it's very limited soundtrack:thumbsup: :D

a.wood890

Sep 27, 2006
MANCHESTER
WOODY....( x, mix factory dj ).

breakdance 1,, breakdance 2 ( electric boogaloo ),, beat street,, style wars,, and wild style... all available on, e.bay,, and amazon...:wave: