BOXED Tapes

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

cjcooper

Jul 14, 2006
si there anymore in your vast collection along the lines of Us house.surley there must have been some morales or knuckles ones from back to basics.

thank you for all the others though

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
si there anymore in your vast collection along the lines of Us house.surley there must have been some morales or knuckles ones from back to basics.

thank you for all the others though

I haven't come across any more Morales or any Knuckles ones but there is still some out there. The Boxed tapes all seem to have been made in between late 1994 to early 1997. I'm not sure Morales or Knuckles played Back To Basics in 95/96, I would have to check the flyer gallery on there website.

I'm still looking for these

seb fontane & j healey boxed (double tape)
digweed boxed95 (double tape)
nick warren boxed95 (double tape)
sasha boxed95 volume 1 (single cassette)
jon pleased wimmin/ mark moore boxed (double tape)
ralph lawson/ claudio coccoluto boxed95 @ back2basics (double tape) Original wanted
Catbxd303
Catbxd505
Catbxd606
Catbxd808 Carl cox/ Ian Ossia boxed95 (double tape)
Catbxd909
Catbxd1101
Catbxd1102
Catbxd1103
Catbxd1108
Catbxd1110
Catbxd1114 Danny Tenaglia - Masters at Work Original wanted

Last edited:

boyohull

Aug 25, 2008
hull
sorry to mess you about,but can i have the parky and danny rampling,ali whitehead and the tom wainright ones plz........the tom and ali are in the same looking boxes many many thx

boyohull

Aug 25, 2008
hull
this has to be one of the best downloads know..........i had a few of these but never realised that boxed released so many,the deja vu ones i remember going to(as i come from hull)these nights stick in my mind very well,as do the after parties(involving the djs) ..Tom,Allister,Ian ossia played alot in hull from 93,and each time they played the roof would go off...many thx for bringing back fond memories thx:wave:

MICKYD

VIP Silver Member
Nov 20, 2008
Chunky,

Thanks very much for making all these available. That Oakey Natural Born thrillers is amazing. I always thought his global underground 1 was possibly one of his finest moments, but that Back2basics set is even better!!!

I have a question, do you have the double pack entitled 'ENCODED' by THE FORTH? Would be great if you do and could upload it.

Thanks,

Mike.

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Chunky,

Thanks very much for making all these available. That Oakey Natural Born thrillers is amazing. I always thought his global underground 1 was possibly one of his finest moments, but that Back2basics set is even better!!!

I have a question, do you have the double pack entitled 'ENCODED' by THE FORTH? Would be great if you do and could upload it.

Thanks,

Mike.

Yeah the Natural Born Thrillers set is brilliant. Sorry I don't have Encoded by The Forth. I would be interested in tracking it down. I will keep a look out.

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Today I ripped the Sasha - BOXED96 Global Underground Mix 96. I dont think it was me who ripped my copy originally, but I remember the quality wasn't that great. I cleaned up the hiss, converted the wav to a 320 kbps mp3 and joined the parts together. I've posted it in my original post on page 1. I have to admit its a great improvement on the old link.

I think I will have a go at improving the Paul Oakenfold Global Underground Mix 96 tomorrow. I remember the original could of been better.

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
I had a go at improving the Oakenfold - BOXED96 Global Underground Mix 96 #1. I hasn't come out to bad. Side 2 of the first tape was a bit of a struggle, I tried ripping it 4 times from 2 different tapes and had to pick the best rip. Its a little distorted from 43 Min's to 87 but still playable. I'm uploading it now and will post it later today

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
I've redone the Sasha - BOXED95 CatBxd404 Live @ Home Manchester. joined the four parts and closed the gaps. It came out quite good. And its 320kbps of course

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
I've redone the Dave Seaman, Love To Be Extra Sensory Perfection Tour to 320Kbps. I've posted it in post Number 14

Last edited:

kofiluca

Sep 7, 2008
Top Top Guy

Hello There (Chunky Man),

I would just like to say what an amazing person you are for downloading such an incredible post - if there was more people in the world like you - it would be a much better place!
I used to have loads of these 'boxed' tapes and one day in the late 90s in a drug addled daze gave them away to Oxfam amongst loads of other great tapes (& all my old copies of Mixmag/DJ etc) - really fucking regretted that.
When I can suss out how to post/download some of my older tapes onto this website I will.
Thanks so much
Respect

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
I've re ripped the Sasha tape for batter quality. I will be doing the Digweed ones on the next few days

Bxd 1109 BOXED 95 - SASHA & JOHN DIGWEED (VERSION 1)Mick Says He Likes Faggots For Tea

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
I've sorted the sound problem on the JPW BackToBasics 2 Steps set. I've also re done the Oakenfold Twilo and the Digweed 70's man set.