Bowlers 20th reunion on Sat 3rd mar - Anyone go?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

TimU

Jan 23, 2009
Bradford
Hiya i went, here goes.

Landed at about 10.30 and the queue was all the way round the corner! mental busy, took us 30 minutes to get in. Security was relaxed but they had to turn pockets inside out.

Once inside Rob Tissera was playing in the main area, it was packed could hardly move! he played some great stuff (as I remember tunes I will add them!) it was bouncing, he played some more mid 90's stuff (for what you dream of ) but didnt stray too much from early 90's house. He really got the crowd going, felt a great atmosphere almost like a proper warehouse! people in shorts, guys with inflatable traffic cones ( i want one!). Rob was on for 1hr 15 which flew by then the bassheads came on and played live (back to the old school and is there anybody out there) and they were good. In the meantime there were fire eaters and fire dancers. After that I cant remember who was on think it was dj sy but i might be wrong and he went more piano house which was great. Then SL2 came on and they were great, really enjoyed they played dj's take control, way in my brain and on a ragga tip. At this point one of the guys decided he'd had enough and wanted to go, I was driving :cry: so we stayed another ten mins and went about 2-ish so it was a good 3 hours, next time i am NOT driving and want to get there earlier! phones:

BayHam

Registered Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sounds like you had a good night geeka , I was going to go mate I will be at the next one had last minute problems and couldnt make it.

sorry for my late review but ive not long been out of hospital.... :(

well what can i say ,Bowlers Reunion @ Bowlers, it was just AMAZING i had only ever been to bowlers once before back in the day and the reunion at bowlers IMO was better than i remember it being .... the whole place was just electric from the word go , Ian played his set early on so we got to enjoy the whole night , it was just amazing , we were made to feel so welcome by all the bowlers reunion crew , it was so well orginaised Ian just kept on saying all night how professional it all was and that you could really tell a lot of care and money had been spent on the production and he was so impressed , especially the sound and the lasers... :)

we just loved it , as promoters ourselves it always good to go to a good quality old skool night , as at someone else's event we can just relax and enjoy ourselves , we spent most of the night between the main room / vip and the atmosphere was just so friendly , we saw most of the djs , paul taylor & rob tissera stood out though really got everyone moving... the live PAs were all brilliant , 2 FUNKY 2 , BASSHEADS , SL2 , OCEANIC , all played a blinder.... had a good laugh back stage with desa & mc cynide and jorinde (from oceanic) everyone just loved the whole event... had to leave slightly early as my leg was starting to hurt so missed most of djs sy , we really didnt wanna go but got offered a lift to the door so took it.... ;)

hats off to Neil , Danny , Stu , you did everyone proud , :thumbsup:

roll on the next bowlers reunion @ bowlers later this year , will defo be there , phones:

have a few pics from the night ill post them up when i can