Blackburn Raves 89/90

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
CHRIST!!! sounds like a mad time there bud....

My first ever rave was the first one after the cop car was turned over & torched at whitebirk, some of my mates went to that one and after hearing about it decided to go the next week. I remember clearly going upto the top floor of a mill in Blackburn. It was between where the staples office supply warehouse is and Ewood park... :confused: somewhere along that road on the right (as if going to ewood) I remember leaving in the morning and seeing the coloured lights on the top floor, steamed up windows etc :D I was hooked after that!!! I had never been into "electronic" music before, i am a musician and thought the idea of making music with computers was obscene till then. It totally changed my life!!!!
After that rave was Ewood mills, i think!! LOL. I remember Altham, then the return to Whitebirk. Oswaldtwistle, Ewood mills again. Hassy Unit 7 (best night of my life cos i lived round the corner and got one of the Bass bins after the rave when i went back!!!!) ;) then there was Nelson... I cant remember anymore at this time, But, WHAT A TIME!!!
The only rave i missed was when the convoy set off from Sett-end and nipped round the back to a party on Shadsworth itself. Beleive it or not, i was offered £100 to play the drums at a Roy Orbison concert somewhere with a dodgy tribute bloke with a wooden leg!!!! :D :D :D No shit. I had committed myself to the gig and we got lost on the way back.

I have many more memories tho, It's amazing to see the footage up on DJ Wellys site, i was moved to tears.

Luv-up.

Z.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:
My first ever rave was the first one after the cop car was turned over & torched at whitebirk, some of my mates went to that one and after hearing about it decided to go the next week. I remember clearly going upto the top floor of a mill in Blackburn. It was between where the staples office supply warehouse is and Ewood park... :confused: somewhere along that road on the right (as if going to ewood)
Z.

Your on about the Pump St party there m8......hahah n1 :p ;) Must av crossed paths cus i dont think i missed many o them.... :D :fekked: :love: Happy memories indeed :thumbsup:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
LOL...... :)

first time at ewood mills, a group of hells angels at the back of the dancing crowd, then behind the dex, strange rooms under UV light.....etc...

bringing people together.

mad.

Z.

lou-lou

Mar 28, 2004
Manchester
god i know it sounds daft but readin this thread n bein only 21 makes me so jelous, i so wish i could have experienced the club scene like u lot did, it is so different now and although i like certain things about it, its feels like nothing compaires to how it was back then.

U LOT R SO LUCKY

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
lou-lou said:
god i know it sounds daft but readin this thread n bein only 21 makes me so jelous, i so wish i could have experienced the club scene like u lot did, it is so different now and although i like certain things about it, its feels like nothing compaires to how it was back then.

U LOT R SO LUCKY

Them were the days alright hun,unfortunatley they wont be comin back as greedy ppl have ruined it,I`ve been told that hazy is nearest to how it used to be so get yer ass down there girl not quite 1990 but as near as dammit :thumbsup: to many different drugs in the club now everyone used to be on the same level more or less back then.I would love to take all you younguns on a trip back in time back to monroes you would not want to come back believe me!!

U N I T Y somes it up quite nicely!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This thread has brought back some right memories for me :thumbsup:

I never went to any of the ones that you went to, but I went to a couple of illegal ones in Liverpool in 91!

One that I have a slightly better memory of was in this warehouse, cant remember where it was now lol :crazy: :fekked: It was massive and I remember dancing all night till about 8am with loads of other people! I was only 18 and I had taught myself how to dance like Keith from the Prodigy :$ and there I was giving it loads not ever wanting the night to end!!!! :love:

Another one I went to one night after coming out from the Quad. My mate had met this bloke, so we decided to go to this warehouse party with them in the middle of some dodgy area in Liverpool :|

I remember walking through the doors and the whole place was full of smoke! You couldnt even see your hand in front of your face lol!!! :crazy: When the smoke cleared lol we saw that it wasnt that busy and me and my mate soon realised we were the only girls in there :crazy: But it was cracking, the music was proper hard lol :head: We stayed there for a few hours and then my mate noticed that the guys we had come with had gone, so we were stuck in this dodgy warehouse with no idea where we were or how to get home!!! :|

We decided to start walking when these 2 guys stopped us and asked us if we wanted a lift. So weighing up the 2 options we decided that it was probably better to get a lift than to walk home not knowing where we were lol

Thankfully the guys were sound and we got talking to them. One of them said to me, I know you from somewhere and we were trying to work out where from, when it suddenly dawned on him that he had seen me on a video from a 'rave' in Pontins in Southport absolutely :fekked: lololol

I remember the night well, it was one of the best nights of my life :D I was dancing like a loon right next to the speakers and kept having this light in my face!!! I couldnt work out what it was so carried on having a good time lol. Then this guy tapped me on the shoulder and said Ive just been filming you for ages and you had no idea :rofl: and btw you dont want your folks to see it!!! :| I have never seen this video lol :| :crazy: :fekked: :$

Aww them were the days :love: lol

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
sweet sensation said:
This thread has brought back some right memories for me :thumbsup:

I never went to any of the ones that you went to, but I went to a couple of illegal ones in Liverpool in 91!

One that I have a slightly better memory of was in this warehouse, cant remember where it was now lol :crazy: :fekked: It was massive and I remember dancing all night till about 8am with loads of other people! I was only 18 and I had taught myself how to dance like Keith from the Prodigy :$ and there I was giving it loads not ever wanting the night to end!!!! :love:

Another one I went to one night after coming out from the Quad. My mate had met this bloke, so we decided to go to this warehouse party with them in the middle of some dodgy area in Liverpool :|

I remember walking through the doors and the whole place was full of smoke! You couldnt even see your hand in front of your face lol!!! :crazy: When the smoke cleared lol we saw that it wasnt that busy and me and my mate soon realised we were the only girls in there :crazy: But it was cracking, the music was proper hard lol :head: We stayed there for a few hours and then my mate noticed that the guys we had come with had gone, so we were stuck in this dodgy warehouse with no idea where we were or how to get home!!! :|

We decided to start walking when these 2 guys stopped us and asked us if we wanted a lift. So weighing up the 2 options we decided that it was probably better to get a lift than to walk home not knowing where we were lol

Thankfully the guys were sound and we got talking to them. One of them said to me, I know you from somewhere and we were trying to work out where from, when it suddenly dawned on him that he had seen me on a video from a 'rave' in Pontins in Southport absolutely :fekked: lololol

I remember the night well, it was one of the best nights of my life :D I was dancing like a loon right next to the speakers and kept having this light in my face!!! I couldnt work out what it was so carried on having a good time lol. Then this guy tapped me on the shoulder and said Ive just been filming you for ages and you had no idea :rofl: and btw you dont want your folks to see it!!! :| I have never seen this video lol :| :crazy: :fekked: :$

Aww them were the days :love: lol

Southport weekender`s at floral hall :thumbsup: :thumbsup: eeee memories!!

waynos

Jul 24, 2023
Ok u chaps/lasses. bout time i explained. I got to this forum indirectly from the www.everythingstartswithe.co.uk. after finding some tunes ID'd from there i got linked to www.tuneid.com which is fantastic. Then from there linked to OSA (thanx pluto ;) )

I would like to hear from the peeps who did the Blackburn raves, Ewood mills, Oswaldtwistle and Haslingden Unit7 etc..etc... I was also at Nelson when the fuzz bust the scene and got on the front page of the Telegraph :$. It happened just a few week after Hillsborough tragedy and, still feel that could have been just as nasty due to the coppers.......

I remember buzzing it up at Sett-end and then later on at Monroes, the convoys etc.. :cool:

Whatever happened to the videos the Hardcore Uproar made of the parties? what happened to the chaps themselves? last i saw they were displayed on the front page of the paper as criminal hooligans!!! Im older now, but love to do it all again...LOL.

luv 2U all.

Z.
First one I went to was in a warehouse right behind local police station and I believe they were allowing people to use the toilets inside. Was snowing quite heavily. Didn't get stopped but power kept going off.
Was being powered by generator and seem to remember a land rover being used at one point. Holes in roof and snow coming in. Rich in paradise / going back to my roots played a few times if remember correctly
Ok u chaps/lasses. bout time i explained. I got to this forum indirectly from the www.everythingstartswithe.co.uk. after finding some tunes ID'd from there i got linked to www.tuneid.com which is fantastic. Then from there linked to OSA (thanx pluto ;) )

I would like to hear from the peeps who did the Blackburn raves, Ewood mills, Oswaldtwistle and Haslingden Unit7 etc..etc... I was also at Nelson when the fuzz bust the scene and got on the front page of the Telegraph :$. It happened just a few week after Hillsborough tragedy and, still feel that could have been just as nasty due to the coppers.......

I remember buzzing it up at Sett-end and then later on at Monroes, the convoys etc.. :cool:

Whatever happened to the videos the Hardcore Uproar made of the parties? what happened to the chaps themselves? last i saw they were displayed on the front page of the paper as criminal hooligans!!! Im older now, but love to do it all again...LOL.

luv 2U all.

Z.