Blackburn Raves 89/90

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Ok u chaps/lasses. bout time i explained. I got to this forum indirectly from the www.everythingstartswithe.co.uk. after finding some tunes ID'd from there i got linked to www.tuneid.com which is fantastic. Then from there linked to OSA (thanx pluto ;) )

I would like to hear from the peeps who did the Blackburn raves, Ewood mills, Oswaldtwistle and Haslingden Unit7 etc..etc... I was also at Nelson when the fuzz bust the scene and got on the front page of the Telegraph :$. It happened just a few week after Hillsborough tragedy and, still feel that could have been just as nasty due to the coppers.......

I remember buzzing it up at Sett-end and then later on at Monroes, the convoys etc.. :cool:

Whatever happened to the videos the Hardcore Uproar made of the parties? what happened to the chaps themselves? last i saw they were displayed on the front page of the paper as criminal hooligans!!! Im older now, but love to do it all again...LOL.

luv 2U all.

Z.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Woooo Hooooooo.....welcome m8ty!!!! I was there hun.....Blast Off....Ewood.....my beloved Sett End, etc etc........there is a few clips of the ol raves knocking about...... :thumbsup: phones:

click me for blackburn footage Its number 3 on the list and well worth a watch....i was shivering from top to toe...you will more than likely know many peeps on there as i did...bein a blackburn lass.....everyone seemed to know everyone elso lol ;) Unit 7 is on there.....shows sett end and also them setting up live the dream....the good ol days for sure :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Really great to have ya on here...i look forward to many chinwags....about the mayhem on shad rd lol convoys...bubble factory and all hose u mention too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :love: :love:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Oh My Fuckin God!!!!!!!

YEEEESSSSSS!!!! BLACKBURN RAVES ON VIDEO MAN!!!!

Im nearly in tears............

I live 200 yards from Unit7 now and have never forgot that night!!!!

that is the most emotional/coolest video i have ever seen!!!!

Z.

PS : dj welly, ur the man, man.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:
YEEEESSSSSS!!!! BLACKBURN RAVES ON VIDEO MAN!!!!

Im nearly in tears............

I live 200 yards from Unit7 now and have never forgot that night!!!!

that is the most emotional/coolest video i have ever seen!!!!

Z.

PS : dj welly, ur the man, man.

Lol uve just felt exactly what i felt hahahahahahahha :love: Farkin mint innit lol :wave:

Really ace to see ya here hun...you still local then.......me too.....drove past the seet end the other day and nearly cried when i looked at it........what happened to Blackburn eh....it had its moment of fame and glory then disappeared never to return.........thanks to the blue lights :cops: :mad:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Oh my god again.....!!!!

Jerome from Love Decade used to sing in my band. We auditioned him just as he came from the USA. put an advert in the Lancs Evening Telegraph and he turned up. Great fella, last i saw of him was on top of the pops LOL....

He made it, we didn't..... :fekked:

anyone know where he is thesedays?

Z.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:
Jerome from Love Decade used to sing in my band. We auditioned him just as he came from the USA. put an advert in the Lancs Evening Telegraph and he turned up. Great fella, last i saw of him was on top of the pops LOL....

Z.

Which band hun :confused: :confused: :confused: ...i was knocking about wi jerome when he singin round these parts, i did hear a whisper of his whereabouts not long back but totally forgot...it will come to me lol :|

U got me curious now if i know ya lol :$

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:

Z.

:rofl: i remeber we were all watching when he did top of the pops....we well took the piss when we next saw him cus he was absolutely blasted on god knows what...good man ;)

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Hmmmmm

We used to jam in a barn in Helmshore way, I got tapes of him here singing over the "ahemmm...." rock style stuff we did at the time. Me and a few mates from Darwen way, i beleive jerome lived in Darwen for a while even after he had the hit single????

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:
We used to jam in a barn in Helmshore way, I got tapes of him here singing over the "ahemmm...." rock style stuff we did at the time. Me and a few mates from Darwen way, i beleive jerome lived in Darwen for a while even after he had the hit single????

Aye thats where i am now in Darwen lol......yeah he kept too-ing and fro-ing he went back to Baltimore for a little while and cam back......he is still in the uk i think...ill see if i can find out!!! :thumbsup:

I got demo tapes from when he was singin with Click, Dreamscape and others....they used to set Joannes hairdressers shop up lol in brownhill......... :thumbsup: id go and have a listen when i could with chris thompson and Dave the Rave, tall paul and andy senior..... :$ They release a record on white lable of which i have the demo...they played their debut in the zone....shit tune but his voice is still quality ;) ahhh them were the dayz :love:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Bloody hell.

Yeerrrr, i always wondered what he was upto when he was not over hassy way, i used to nip up Bacup for him for weed when he was stuck LOL. :D

Errrr........ :$

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:
Yeerrrr, i always wondered what he was upto when he was not over hassy way, i used to nip up Bacup for him for weed when he was stuck LOL. :D

Errrr........ :$

Lol indeed :p well if ya have anymore blackburn chat let us know :D ;) always interested in a good chin wag :p :p :p :D :wave:

zoom

Mar 26, 2005
Remember this....?

Lancashire Evening Telegraph the following Monday after the Nelson rave which got busted. (see pic). Note the headline tho, police attacked!!! from my memory it was the other way round. If you look at the top picture the lad in the middle walking from right to left is ME!!!! :D

LOL.

What a great night that was, pity it ended like it did. We were chased right up onto the M65 by mounted police. I found my way back down again tho, thats when the pic was taken.

I got many, many more paper cuttings of all the raves i went to, as you can see they are getting a little tired now...

Z.

Attachments

• Nelson.JPG
    Nelson.JPG
    435.7 KB · Views: 489

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
zoomtang said:
Lancashire Evening Telegraph the following Monday after the Nelson rave which got busted. (see pic). Note the headline tho, police attacked!!! from my memory it was the other way round. If you look at the top picture the lad in the middle walking from right to left is ME!!!! :D

LOL.

What a great night that was, pity it ended like it did. We were chased right up onto the M65 by mounted police. I found my way back down again tho, thats when the pic was taken.

I got many, many more paper cuttings of all the raves i went to, as you can see they are getting a little tired now...

Z.

It most defo was the other way round....they barged thro the doors or waited around till we came out....then started coshing folk with there sticks and running peeps over with their horses...bunch of wankers.....and cus we stuck up for ourselves and tried defending ourselves and our friends....we were the trouble makers........wrong :naughty:

you bastards :cops: started it and lol we had the last laugh :fekked: :p :rofl:

i remember they tried stopping us from goin down the dual carriage way near the tickle trout (roach bridge) so we all turned round and went down the opposite side of the road where the traffic was 1 way lol :rofl: there is no stopping us...they certainly didnt expect that one ;)

Devious

Mar 28, 2003
Bolton
www.devious.me.uk
I never went to any Blackburn raves, but I went to a couple of ilegal partys , one in Barnoldswick and one in Burnley and both got busted.
We got to Barnoldswick late and it was like a warzone outside when we got there, we never went in a was chased down some muddy ravine by police dogs and got caked in sh*t , managed to get away though , a copper got killed if I remember right :crazy: .
Spent a nite in a cell after the burnley after the police tried for an hour or so to get in the warehouse . The maddest of nights :love: