Big dogs or little dogs?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Big or small dogs or couldn't give a shit?

• Total voters

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
My Mum has recently got this new, VERY cute little dog!

She's called Betty and is a cross between a Chihuahua and a Jack Russell.

I wondered if people weren't bothered whether their dog was big or small and who had a preference?

I prefer little dogs. Although some big dogs are nice, they get in the way, smell more and, as I'm not the most butch of people, I wouldn't feel as 'in control' walking a bigger dog if it saw a cat it wanted to run after. Lol. Some small dogs are horrible and have small dog syndrome, but with the right training and owner, small dogs are lovely! :) :love:

x

Attachments

• doggysmall.JPG
    doggysmall.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 2,383
D

Deleted member 6141

i really dont see the reason why people feel the need to own animals unless you gunna eat them. :thumbsup:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
i voted for small dogs, not that i have owned any pets since my poor goldfish died from grandmother poisoning 35 years ago, but i won't go into that.

seems to me that big dogs generally are higher maintenance, walking em, compensating some bloke cos they bit his leg off etc.

small dogs, despite the annoying yappiness of some of em, can be nice. the one thing i hate tho is lil jack russells that stand in front of u and go for ur ankles, and ur not allowed to boot em over the nearest hedge lol

our kid has a pug, and he's ace, lazy lil fooker so no need to walk him for miles, and he won't go outside at all if it's cold or raining, low maintenance ;) :thumbsup:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Ive had both one extreme to the other but on the stregth of this very special lil lady ill never have a big dog again..... mind you lulu was imensley small about the size of a small rabbit....:love: Miss her incredibley you wouldnt beleive! :(

Attachments

• closeuplu.jpg
    closeuplu.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,278
  • lu lu 1.JPG
    lu lu 1.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 10,689
  • lu wrapped up.jpg
    lu wrapped up.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,294
i voted for small dogs, not that i have owned any pets since my poor goldfish died from grandmother poisoning 35 years ago, but i won't go into that.

seems to me that big dogs generally are higher maintenance, walking em, compensating some bloke cos they bit his leg off etc.

small dogs, despite the annoying yappiness of some of em, can be nice. the one thing i hate tho is lil jack russells that stand in front of u and go for ur ankles, and ur not allowed to boot em over the nearest hedge lol

our kid has a pug, and he's ace, lazy lil fooker so no need to walk him for miles, and he won't go outside at all if it's cold or raining, low maintenance ;) :thumbsup:

Even after meeting my beautiful baby Saskia? :eek:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Big Dogs Defo :love:

Attachments

• sask.jpg
    sask.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 201
I would have anything up to knee level (for practical reasons)...but I love all doggies!!!

Kieran has said he doesn't want a small dog (when we get one lol)...but I showed him this dog ...and he said one that looks like this is fine. :) hahahaha

So cuuuutttte...looks like a teddy, a complete girl dog - and probably yaps...but is too cute for words.

xxx

Attachments

• 280247_10150273024323254_80329313253_7651788_6966662_o.jpg
    280247_10150273024323254_80329313253_7651788_6966662_o.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 112,510
I would have anything up to knee level (for practical reasons)...but I love all doggies!!!

Kieran has said he doesn't want a small dog (when we get one lol)...but I showed him this dog ...and he said one that looks like this is fine. :) hahahaha

So cuuuutttte...looks like a teddy, a complete girl dog - and probably yaps...but is too cute for words.

xxx

Thats a cat?

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk

xxx

haha, thats top it reminds me of Lenny the lion from my childhood:king:

lenny-the-lion.jpg

Also, a poodle would be nice. Their temprement is lovely (people pleasers) and after Collies they're the most intelligent. They have a lot of hair...but they don't malt.

And you can give them good hair cuts (not stupid ones like when those bonkers women make them look like a burrito or a camel)...

http://www.poodleforum.com/attachments/poodle-grooming/2624d1248828089-poodle-cuts-pictures-different-poodle-cuts-germantrim.jpg

Mr P...it's a doggy. A Pomeranian called Boo...with a good hair cut. x

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Our doggie before lulu was a big black standard poodle called Astra....she was very well behaived and loved people..... ive been very blessed with wonderful pets...:thumbsup:

Id struggle with a big dog now as i just couldnt pick its shit up :p