Best Value Old Skool Artist ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

hhelibebcnofne

Jan 9, 2003
In terms of number of tunes/ quality (own opinion - getting ready to be slated :$ ) would be either the 49ers, or, for me, Dream Frequency.

Any other opinions ??????

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Frankie Bones possibly. There's lots of better stuff by other artitsts out there, but for 3-4 years his output was immense, and very little of it was poor.

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
gotta agree with Bones - also Weatherall never put a foot wrong until abot 93 and Morales

actually when ou think about it lots of people lost the way after 92 :$ - then a load new set of producers came thru

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
There is one far and away leader of this and it's Daniel Davoli. Although that choice may not be as relevant with those of a southern persuasion, as far as northerner's go his output, including things he had a hand in, was astonishing.

Secondly for me would come Steve Anderson.

wildpitch

Aug 12, 2002
Jonno said:
There is one far and away leader of this and it's Daniel Davoli. Although that choice may not be as relevant with those of a southern persuasion, as far as northerner's go his output, including things he had a hand in, was astonishing.

Secondly for me would come Steve Anderson.

Davoli I can dig.

Hows about Cobain and Dougans of FSOL etc fame?

RipleyPillwall

Oct 16, 2002
South East London
I am a full card carrying Frankie Bones fan but for quality to quantity ratio it has got to be

Mike Dunn
Rodney Baker
Armanndo Gallop

and TOmmy Mutso and Freddy bastone should also get honarable mention.

lol paul taylor layin his name down to nicked mixes again daz willot was doin gat decor ce ce rogers in 92 live at entropy and last rhythm sterling void that got bootied lol

gotta agreee frankie bones and todd terry - also bros in rhythm dave seaman and ste anderson - yeah im repeatin alo add one mr guy called gerald for the breakbeat side

paul taylor lmao

:D :D :D :D :D

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
OldskoolDazed (al) said:
lol paul taylor layin his name down to nicked mixes again daz willot was doin gat decor ce ce rogers in 92 live at entropy and last rhythm sterling void that got bootied lol

paul taylor lmao

:D :D :D :D :D

i stand corrected.....cant argue with loveland and visionmasters tho???

although i know some fella called tony king had something to do with the vision masters one?