best place to sell your cd's

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
Im getting shut of my CD collection as i now have them all on my iPod,just wondering if anyone knows the best place to sell them is,i was thinking Vinyl Exchange in Manchester

anyone?

tag:)

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
I dont know if its the 'best' as such :S but one idea (apart from ebay anyway..) that i'd heard of is some site where you key in the numbers off the barcode and it gives you a price of what it will pay, and I might be wrong but I believe they probably pay the postage if they have them too
think its called music magpie or something. Havent actually sold any on there myself so dunno if they take the piss with their offers or not but maybe worth a look :thumbsup:
suppose any money is better than them sitting there gathering dust and / or cluttering up the place and taking up loads of room :king:

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!

Yeah my mum's used this place...you don't get a hell of a lot for the CDs, but it's worth it if you're getting rid of a large amount and you don't wanna sell them one by one!

Though I reckon if you've got any limited additions, rare or collectible you should whack em on Amazon or Discogs...my mate just paid over £20 for a second hand copy of Grand Daddy IU - Smooth Assassin and they were going for as much as £35. So there are people out there somewhere who still buy CDs.

If you do decide to make a trip to Manc and Vinyl Exchange won't take them all, then try Sifters near me....they still seem to do OK on CD sales :)