???Baffled????

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Right!! If your like me you'd say that animals are pretty much the same as humans, they are just another living thing yeah. They poo, shag, get moody, die, eat, scratch their anus etc etc.

But here's the head masher. Why do all type of one animal look the same yet, only if humans are born from a split fertilised egg thingy do they ever look the same. Why is this??? You see one cow you've seen em all really but with humans it'd take a damn long time to see em all. But we're no different than a black rhino are we???

See i think that this makes it easier for animals. Firstly, if your animal no 1 is particulary prettier or uglier than the next. Also if you get caugth jumpin your misses best mate you can claim you thought it was her as they look so similar. Unless she one of them spiders who eats you after you've done the betty boo.

Anyways, anyone know why this phenomenon is so???

Cheers.

Cheerio

Le pink. :thumbsup:

ruffers

VIP Silver Member
Aha! I know this one....

It's because when we're babies we see an awful lot of human faces, this at a time when the pathways in our brains are still being established. Therefore our "people face recognition facility" (technical term there) is very well developed.

If, hypothetically, we saw lots of different cows and no people at that age then we would be really good at recognising cows, and hopeless with people.

NEXT!

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I like your thinking! :rofl:

I'm sure it's just something like the fact that our dna is a bit more complicated and diverse than that of a spider, which allows for a lot more variation.

I get what you're saying about the cows, but I'm sure that no two are identical. Mr Bull probably picks out what he thinks is the fittest cow from the herd.

It's funny when you think that we (humans) share 50% of or dna with a bannana and 98% with a chimp. :)

ilovepiano said:
It's funny when you think that we (humans) share 50% of or dna with a bannana and 98% with a chimp. :)

Right i'm even more confussed now. That equals 148% of dna. Is that poss???????? And bannana, i just ate one of them, does that make me 50% canibal???

Know what you mean about Bull pick cow, bull pokes cow, cow gives birth to another cow/bull, process repeated but they all look the same still. I mean they don't even have different coloured eyes. It's not as if cows have bigger udders than other cows either so what encourages the bull to hump away??? Theres not even a difference in the ol pins. One cow doesn't have silky smooth legs an another has corned beef legs. There all just the same.

One seriously messed up world we live in. :confused: :D

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
JohnnyPink said:
Right i'm even more confussed now. That equals 148% of dna. Is that poss???????? And bannana, i just ate one of them, does that make me 50% canibal???

nope it makes u a banabal ;) ;) ;) ;)

JohnnyPink said:
Know what you mean about Bull pick cow, bull pokes cow, cow gives birth to another cow/bull, process repeated but they all look the same still. I mean they don't even have different coloured eyes. It's not as if cows have bigger udders than other cows either so what encourages the bull to hump away??? Theres not even a difference in the ol pins. One cow doesn't have silky smooth legs an another has corned beef legs. There all just the same.

look seein as u've picked on cows I've Ermintrude, head honmoo of the moomoo society, she's distraught & is considerin moocial action over your discrimoo!! She's asked me 2 prove 2 u that not all cows are the same so here goes

See Bertull & Rachow pictured below (lovedovy piccie just 4 valentines day)

hairy-cow.jpg

They don't look the same nor do they look like

Moomima

big-eared%20cow.gif

or Sophmoo????

sophie.jpg

u've obviously not been around at mating time cos that's when the girl moos bring their best & most moomine features look

cowtalk.gif

Ermintrude's fav pos the mooink & the moogob

tipcow1.GIF

ravmoo fav in clubmoo espesh in the fluffy boots

cow.jpg

the despermoo (usually seen rite at the end of matin season)

cow.jpeg

the wetnose moo

cow_whiteface-03.jpg

coolmoo

cow_blackface-01.jpg

the butchmoo

sandra.jpg

have u see the pins on this moo??

cow.jpg

the scary moo

JohnnyPink said:
One seriously messed up world we live in. :confused: :D

only in urs my chunky hunky only in urs :p :p :p

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
I don't think thats entiley true, look at Chinese peeps, most of them look very alike, also japenese, thailand etc etc. We all look so different because we're mixed with different nationalitys, well our ancestors anyway. Chinese people etc never traveled or colonized anywhere else i think. Saying that though, i wonder if chinese, japanese etc think we all look the same?!

But i suppose humans as a whole are all different, but so are cows really coz you've got all the different types of cows (as joker as shown above! ;) ) , or spiders, etc etc blah blah blah!! :crazy:

Saysay

Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
ruffers said:
Aaargh! The Chinese people confirms my argument. They don't look alike to each other, because they grow up looking at Chinese faces. We in the West don't so we're not so good at distinguishing them.

Innit!

Lol, you could be on to something there!! :D

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Word of warning Johnny.
Go and see ya doc now before its too late. This is how it all starts m8. Firstly you get strange feelings when the Anchor advert comes on telly then you start lookin for jobs down Unigate. After that you find yourself hanging around i country lanes hoping that you are gonna be road blocked by a farmer herding his cattle from one field to another so you can 'admire' the livestock.Then it happens..you catch the eye of a fine Friesian babe and you cant stand it no more...its love.
No need to be embaressed and hide it m8. You dont need our reassurance that shes the one. Yes to others they all look the same but shes is yours go and be happy. She is one of a kind in your heart im sure :love:
84-048f2.gif

:D

Last edited:

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Have u ever studied the wonderful world of ants, obviously not if ur sayin they are all the same, they ain't they are as individual as we are, don't believe well I have pictural evidence as always :p :p :p

004.jpg

mini ant, on the left, is slightly smaller has no mouth bits, his back back right leg is slightly shorter than his back back left leg, which suggests as a baby ant he was bullied by the bigger ants

normal ant, on the right, is as his name suggests, is the average size 4 a full grown ant, performs his duties adequately & just generally gets on with day 2 day ant life, he wasn't bullied by any other ants in the playground, mainly cos he hung around with mega ant!!

mega ant, in the middle, now he was the daddy in the playground all the ants even the teacher ants were scared of him, carries on 2 this day, but u've seen the size of him so u aren't surprised 2 find this fact out, he does cock all all day other than order the likes of mini & normal ant bout, well until the queen ant comes along & then he busys himself lookin all important!!

Still say they are all the same mr pink????

The Joker said:
Have u ever studied the wonderful world of ants, obviously not if ur sayin they are all the same, they ain't they are as individual as we are, don't believe well I have pictural evidence as always :p :p :p

004.jpg

mini ant, on the left, is slightly smaller has no mouth bits, his back back right leg is slightly shorter than his back back left leg, which suggests as a baby ant he was bullied by the bigger ants

normal ant, on the right, is as his name suggests, is the average size 4 a full grown ant, performs his duties adequately & just generally gets on with day 2 day ant life, he wasn't bullied by any other ants in the playground, mainly cos he hung around with mega ant!!

mega ant, in the middle, now he was the daddy in the playground all the ants even the teacher ants were scared of him, carries on 2 this day, but u've seen the size of him so u aren't surprised 2 find this fact out, he does cock all all day other than order the likes of mini & normal ant bout, well until the queen ant comes along & then he busys himself lookin all important!!

Still say they are all the same mr pink????

OK. NO i don't say there all the same. I now say out of the population of probably 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ants that there is 3 different kinds. Thus meaning that 3333333333333333333333333333333.3 of each kind are the same.

Still say they are all different Miss Joker???? :p ;) :D

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
JohnnyPink said:
OK. NO i don't say there all the same. I now say out of the population of probably 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ants that there is 3 different kinds. Thus meaning that 3333333333333333333333333333333.3 of each kind are the same.

Still say they are all different Miss Joker???? :p ;) :D

Yep of course cos there's well more than 3 kinds of ants & they mix & match just we do & so create even more diverse varieties, look I've found a few piccies :p :p :p :p

LeafcutterAntWorkerWithLeafCloseup.jpg

hgr4861.jpg

ant_a3.jpg

ant1.300.jpg

carpenter-ants.jpg

087.jpg

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Yeah, I'm sure that even maggots all look different, if you're a magot. Just like every snowflake has it's own pattern.