Audacity help

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
Ive downloaded this and im being honest,i really dont know where to start.Ive been on youtube and seen the tutorials but it seems im not the only one having trouble sussing it out,is it as simple as people say it is to use?I just wanna be able to record from my decks thats it,nothing else.Whats the easiest way to get started,any help will be greatly appreciated.Call me thick like but theres nowhere really explaining the basics of what to do,ive never used any type of software like this before,

hope someone can help me out with this

cheers

tag :$

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
I dunno - people have the audacity to ask about audacity :p

Never used it myself tbh, just get soundforge instead ;)

PM on its way :thumbsup:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Audacity is fine & it's free.
Make sure you have chosen the correct input option in preferences & basically hit the record button.

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Is it a crack generator?
if yes, get it to generate a code, then copy & paste into soundforge where you normally would enter a legit serial number.

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Is it a crack generator?
if yes, get it to generate a code, then copy & paste into soundforge where you normally would enter a legit serial number.

no its not a seria;l key gen m8 it just says
1. install the program and make sure it is not running/active.
2. Copy the file(s) sfs4rw.dll and Forge90.exe to the program's install folder
and overwrite the existing files when prompted to do so.
3. Optionally: If for some reason you want to use Sony's Noise Reduction / Acoustic Mirror or Wave Hammer plugins, replace the dlls in the respective folders with the ones
provided in the NoiseReduction and Shared Plugins
folders found in this directory.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Once you've set the input method tag (Edit> Preferences), it's as easy to record as pressing the record button and checking your levels. It's simpler to use than soundforge too, or so i've heard.

If you want to export all your mixes as mp3, then you download the Lame file too off the audacity site and bob's your uncle:thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Stick a tune in, trim which bits you don't want in the ringtone off, then save as mp3;)

It doesn't take long and you know exactly which segment you want then it takes seconds to do and maybe seconds to then save the file :thumbsup: :)

MVinyl

Feb 16, 2009
Preston
Usually just install program and then open crack file , find where you installed it to ie: c:/program files/Soundforge

copy the 2 files into it and then when it prompts to copy over ..say yes. run program and it should be fine

hope that helps

MV

lee laaaa

Aug 10, 2007
Usually just install program and then open crack file , find where you installed it to ie: c:/program files/Soundforge

copy the 2 files into it and then when it prompts to copy over ..say yes. run program and it should be fine

hope that helps

MV

Cheers laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all working like a guddun m8 :thumbsup:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Stick a tune in, trim which bits you don't want in the ringtone off, then save as mp3;)

It doesn't take long and you know exactly which segment you want then it takes seconds to do and maybe seconds to then save the file :thumbsup: :)

thanks Jiglo, the obvious way then, i've never looked at my phone to do that sort of thing.