Asha - JJ Tribute

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Always wondered this... Who, or what exactly is, or was "JJ" and why did Asha feel the need to pay a tribute to him/her/it? :p :S :confused:
Does anyone have a clue?

Tim :spin:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Maybe wrong........but I always assumed it was about Janice Joplin (maybe spelt wrong), and that the trax vocals were sommet to do with her (ripped off)...............wrong no doubt!.

Sirius

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
the vocals are sampled off

Janis Joplin "Ball & Chain"

If you listen to this record the intro is a spoken word bit where Janis is going on about how she won't be mistreated (or summit) they totally cut this up - makes sense on this tune but on tribute it is all over the place - if you knew this tune that you would not believe how well it actually fitted into tribute

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Re: the vocals are sampled off

lastnightadj said:

If you listen to this record the intro is a spoken word bit where Janis is going on about how she won't be mistreated (or summit) they totally cut this up - makes sense on this tune but on tribute it is all over the place - if you knew this tune that you would not believe how well it actually fitted into tribute

How true is that, on my copy of asha (the discomagic gold version) you get the acapella of the original tune with Janis in all her gravel-voiced glory....

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
she must have smoked 50 bensons a day to get that voice

the song that she is most famous for is the one that they used on an advert recently

"oh lord wont you buy me a mercedes benz
my friends all have porsches - i must make amends"

all the releases that came out on ffrr all have re-recorded vocals by thE WAY;)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Any chance of pinchin an mp3 of that acca m8???, could be usefull!!!.

Cheers,

Sirius.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Re: the vocals are sampled off

lastnightadj said:

Just downloaded this song and didn't here any lyrics used on jj tribute. Is this defo the right song?

Tim

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
No, I downloaded a few different ones and none of them had any speaking bits - except one that just introduced the song.

Mr-Monday

Mar 13, 2002
London
If I remember rightly the the Janis Joplin vocal is taken from her performance at Woodstock, so it's probably on one of the live albums of that.

:cool:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Im still after that acca - I dont know how I can get it from you though (download)............

Havent been back earlier cos my pc is still on the blink - Im on my bro's again!.......

Cheers,

Sirius.