Asha - Jj Tribute

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
uMr. ASHA - Have to congratulate you on making the definitive Piano tune of all time :thumbsup:

The piano line is the most uplifting (without being over cheesy) and the Janis Joplin vocals are inspired sampling phones:

ASHA

Feb 20, 2004
Milan (Italy)
www.myspace.com
Biskit said:
Ive got one last question for you Mr Asha...

Why did you call yourself 'ASHA'

and..

why on the 'JJ Tribute' beat club release did you spell Asha like A.S.H.A :)

ASHA in Italian = Axe in English , this was a nickname of our first manager Lello ....... (he used a mixer like a AXE ........ not mixed ....... cut the song !!!!!!!!!).

Dj Britalian

Nov 19, 2001
On the edge
Its a pleasure to share the board with you fella :thumbsup:

Are you still producing or did you call it a day?

Do you know any other producers from back then like Pierre Feroldi, Walter Cremonini, M.Marcolin??

Hope you realise that you started one of the most famous piano riffs going ;)

Mr-Monday

Mar 13, 2002
London
Asha

I'd like to know if you produced the remade version of JJ Tribute released in the uk in around 1996 on ffreedom records? It's the version that doesn't contain the Janis Joplin sample...

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
MrMonday.......I may be wrong, but I heard that it WAS NOT ASHA who did this release, and infact it was replayed and remade by somebody in this country who had the cheek to imply he was the writer and producer of the track.
If Im not mistaken, ASHA had a stab at a court case regarding the tune and thats why FFrr dropped it after a while.

Like a say, Id best leave it for the man himself to answer, cos you tend to hear allsorts regarding this tune and I could be talink out my arse! lol.

As for (Another) remaking of the tune, even by the master, I for one think that its a great song that should be left intact in our memories as it is, and not brought out again after all the bootlegs and remixes and reissues there has already been. The time and era of this special tune has somewhat passed I feel. We still enjoy the original too much!!!!!!!.
Some new tunes in the original style of Italian House of the early 90's would be good, or perhaps a few tunes that never 'made it' first time round thats hidden away on DATS and floppy disks! lol.

See ya

Sirius

iambaz

Nov 21, 2003
Liverpool
www.frontlineis.co.uk
Holy shit!

Ive sat here reading this post with one huge grin on my face!

Mucho respecto (my attempt at Italian) to the man ASHA! Im pretty sure almost everyone on this board would give their right arm to hear more of your work.

Hello and welcome ASHA :wave: if you are the real deal then :thumbsup: if youre not then ha ha well done on keeping it going ;)

Excuse everyone being sceptical, but we have had imposters on here before...

I would like to say what a cracking tune JJ Tribute is, and it is one I have in my collection (dont ask me which tho lol :crazy: )

Whoever you are I hope you stick around :D

Sweet xx

PiAnOpElLa

Apr 19, 2003
Nor
"forum tribute" would be pressed on an exclusive 12", only avaliable to the OSA members....(in meh dreams :love: ...)

jj tribute is by the way a LEGENDARY TUUNEE mistar ASHA...

thanks for makin it...greets from norway :)

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
Just thought I'd revisit this classic thread, whether its a blag or not. I see Mr ASHA has visited the forum recently but not posted. :p

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey
wow!!! just read this thread - the man behind THE best piano tune of all time a member, how cool is that :cool:
we are not worthy, we are not worthy...
Mr ASHA i salute you for creating a tune that has itself inspired so many other tunes, but never been bettered :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
dods said:
wow!!! just read this thread - the man behind THE best piano tune of all time a member, how cool is that :cool:

Yeah, either that or someone on here was taking the piss. I think the latter is the most probable! :p