arrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

*mizzbucky*

Aug 1, 2006
I have a new notebook lappy what i got for xmas love it its ace, but 1 thing is doing me nut in its linux and never used it b4, all i want to do is install soulseek on it and when i download the right programme for linux i dont know how to install it in the terminal, can anyone help me give me a step by step guide please or im gonna go and cry in a corner lol :(

JD7

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Hi, what linux distro are you running? Ubuntu, fedora or something else?

Also what soulseek client have you downloaded? There are a few, I've tried nicotine plus on an ubuntu laptop and didn't have problems, but that was only tried out this morning :$ .

Please let me know and I'll do my best to help :thumbsup:

*mizzbucky*

Aug 1, 2006
thanks a lot linpus linux lite v1.0.11.e is thats what u mean lol cheers and been trying nicotin but errors keep cumming up dunno what im doing wrong tried the apt-get too and that dont seem to work.

JD7

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
ok, just found out what your linpus is based on - won't go technical cause :-

A - it's technical
B - prolly easier not too
C - I'll sound like more of a geek than I am :$

Ok, to progress and hopefully get you sorted out.....

1. there are some other stuff you need before installing nicotine/ nicotine plus. these are - GTK+, Python, PythonGTK and a few others Python modules.
2. Oh also i noticed that nicotine is available via unstable/testing repositories (geek talk, sorry) - it's just a few lines you need to setup as resource points.
3. Em, is it ok to pm yah? it's maybe gonna take a little bit of time, cause linux with soulseek ain't as straight forward as doing it via windows etc.

here to try and help - if I can

Del