Any good or just a gimmick?
Any advice/opinion is cool.

Attachments

• d645cf0e-fe58-4847-a845-c007220039e2_1024x1024.jpg
    d645cf0e-fe58-4847-a845-c007220039e2_1024x1024.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 65

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
How does that work , I'm guessing you put liquid in then it spins round ?
yes Doddy, you put that mixture/cleaner in the trough mixed with water then spin it round by hand 3 times one way then 3 the other then put it on a rack 'like a big toaster rack' that comes with it that holds 10 12" records until they dry.
Think i'll take a punt on it for £50.

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
Oh so you leave them to drip dry not wipe them down ?

I guess you could buy the liquid and wipe them with your hand instead of machine

But I suppose that takes abit of time and effort and for just 50 quid I think it's probably worth it if cleaning alot of records

Reactions: Shaboo

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
Oh so you leave them to drip dry not wipe them down ?

I guess you could buy the liquid and wipe them with your hand instead of machine

But I suppose that takes abit of time and effort and for just 50 quid I think it's probably worth it if cleaning alot of records
i've just been researching it, the pads are apparently not very good and do not go into the grooves very deep like brushes, so for now i'm going to hold off and just use very good micro fibres and a shaving brush, oh and it says never use tap water always distilled water, dunno why.
Cancel what i just said Doddy, Billy messaged me and he's got a similair machine with deep cleaning brushes to get in the grooves properly so i'm going to buy that from him..Good price..Happy Days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doddy

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
Haha he be selling his kids next 😂

All good mate hopefully it sorts your vinyl out , some say it makes them like new again . Hopefully yours turn out well

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
I've used this for years and think it's brilliant:

Is it as good as RCMs like Okki Nokki, VPI, Loricraft etc? Well, probably not. But those are also 5x more expensive and (sometimes much) more. I'd be interested to know if anyone has done a comparison. I'll be surprised if the results justify spending hundreds more, though i'm open to being convinced. For what you pay, i think the Spin Cleaner results are excellent.

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
I've used this for years and think it's brilliant:

Is it as good as RCMs like Okki Nokki, VPI, Loricraft etc? Well, probably not. But those are also 5x more expensive and (sometimes much) more. I'd be interested to know if anyone has done a comparison. I'll be surprised if the results justify spending hundreds more, though i'm open to being convinced. For what you pay, i think the Spin Cleaner results are excellent.
Cheers for the info spaceface. All the best pal

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I brought one of these (below) yrs ago.
I have to say it really did clean up some really dirty Vinyl, ok its very time consuming, I had over a 1000 to clean, but I really could see and hear the differance...
The solution did not affect the ctr labels, it did make them look brand new tbh, of course if there are small scrathes you will see them.
One thing I would say is buy new inner sleeves, has you would be putting a clean item back in a dirty sleeve, and some of the tracks I had were out of a loft and had bits of grit in them...
The drying rack worked well.
The replacement liquid isnt cheap, but I have seen you can make your own..

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Regarding new inner sleeves, the first batch I got had that plastic liner, they was a mare tbh I found them to be to static, so I then brought some that had what felt like a wax feel to them, I cant remember where I got them from though, but they were great..

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
I brought one of these (below) yrs ago.
I have to say it really did clean up some really dirty Vinyl, ok its very time consuming, I had over a 1000 to clean, but I really could see and hear the differance...
The solution did not affect the ctr labels, it did make them look brand new tbh, of course if there are small scrathes you will see them.
One thing I would say is buy new inner sleeves, has you would be putting a clean item back in a dirty sleeve, and some of the tracks I had were out of a loft and had bits of grit in them...
The drying rack worked well.
The replacement liquid isnt cheap, but I have seen you can make your own..
Excellent info Chinatownswhite, Thanks for the knowledge & taking time to comment, I will buy new inner sleeves like you suggested, All the best.

Reactions: chinatownswhite

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Excellent info Chinatownswhite, Thanks for the knowledge & taking time to comment, I will buy new inner sleeves like you suggested, All the best.
I use the disco-antistat Shaboo, as China says, very time consuming, maybe 7 or 14 an hour tops depending on if you leave them to dry naturally. I'd also make your own fluid as China also says, dirty vinyl will make for a dirty ""bath" and need changing pretty regularlly. You can hear the difference from just giving it a spray and wipe for sure.

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Regarding new inner sleeves, the first batch I got had that plastic liner, they was a mare tbh I found them to be to static, so I then brought some that had what felt like a wax feel to them, I cant remember where I got them from though, but they were great..
Never even thought of this Johnny...duh!!! Makes perfect sense as well lol, just need 10,000 new inner sleeves now haha

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I use the disco-antistat Shaboo, as China says, very time consuming, maybe 7 or 14 an hour tops depending on if you leave them to dry naturally. I'd also make your own fluid as China also says, dirty vinyl will make for a dirty ""bath" and need changing pretty regularlly. You can hear the difference from just giving it a spray and wipe for sure.
Yes the brushes do get into the grooves and pulls all the dirt out, but has you say changing the fluid pretty regularlly, really is a real must.
I have to say Rob the state of some the ones I cleaned was unreal, I had to be so carefull getting some of them out of the sleeves has I could hear the grit rubbin against the vinyl, so I ended up cutting them out of the inner sleeve, but some of them got scratched from when my mate got them out of his loft....

I did have to laugh though, when going through them, there must of been 20odd tracks that had my name on, so I had brought my own records back that I had lent him in 89-91 I wasnt gonna complain has I got a right bargin, a mixed bag of house hardcore and some old hip hop funk etc over 800 for £120.00

Just 3 of the tracks at the time were worth more than what I paid....

• Haha

Shaboo

May 1, 2021
I managed to get a second hand machine that 'Billyrave' no longer uses and i'm making my own cleaning fluid -
2 drops of Isopropyl alcohol,
couple drops washing up liquid,
Distilled water.
New inner sleeves.
That should do the trick...'hopefully'
Cheers for taking time out to reply.

Mr Phista

Apr 19, 2006
Yes the brushes do get into the grooves and pulls all the dirt out, but has you say changing the fluid pretty regularlly, really is a real must.
I have to say Rob the state of some the ones I cleaned was unreal, I had to be so carefull getting some of them out of the sleeves has I could hear the grit rubbin against the vinyl, so I ended up cutting them out of the inner sleeve, but some of them got scratched from when my mate got them out of his loft....

I did have to laugh though, when going through them, there must of been 20odd tracks that had my name on, so I had brought my own records back that I had lent him in 89-91 I wasnt gonna complain has I got a right bargin, a mixed bag of house hardcore and some old hip hop funk etc over 800 for £120.00

Just 3 of the tracks at the time were worth more than what I paid....
120 notes is a bargain an a half mate, can't grumble at that.

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com

Very true mate. New inners have definitely been the most expensive part of cleaning my tunes. You just can't put them back inside a used paper inner after all that effort, can you? My trick is to take literally years to do this (still a work in progress) and spread the cost

Last edited: