Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Could do with a bit of help - Im doin a weddin on sat for someone and they have asked me for a bit of Arctic Monkeys and Razorlight n that but im not up to speed with any of this stuff really. Ive prob heard em on radio a couple o times but what would ya recommend in them 2 bands so i can get them?

also any other similar stuff?:cool:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Razorlight - Girl with a golden touch

Arctic Monkeys - I bet that you look good on the dancefloor

are gonna be the ones im guessing everyone will know.

Last edited:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Could do with a bit of help - Im doin a weddin on sat for someone and they have asked me for a bit of Arctic Monkeys and Razorlight n that but im not up to speed with any of this stuff really. Ive prob heard em on radio a couple o times but what would ya recommend in them 2 bands so i can get them?

also any other similar stuff?:cool:

If you get stuck give me a shout mate. I have most albums from 2002 upto about a month ago ;)

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
Dannster fella,

Might be worth downloading the mix i put in the DJ mixes section its called Str33tb0ys pure cheddar...or at least have a look at the track list its got some cheesey mainstream charty hous chewns which u could get away with playing at a wedding maste..possibly:thumbsup:

definitely when the sun goes down for arctic monkeys, also sonz - extrememly good choice of franz's tunage!!!

i love stuff like this, u wanna get some of the fratellis dannst - chelsea dagger - that will go down a treat, they're ace.....when u come over l8r i will show u my cd collection, its well buff haha :)

razorlight golden touch, in the mornin - also a wicked song.....

get some of the kaiser chiefs as well, thats the same sort of music, there's everyday i love u less n less, thats an ace tune, and obv. i predict a riot........

loadsa stuff.....i love indie music n poppy indie!! :):):):):)

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
definitely when the sun goes down for arctic monkeys, also sonz - extrememly good choice of franz's tunage!!!

i love stuff like this, u wanna get some of the fratellis dannst - chelsea dagger - that will go down a treat, they're ace.....when u come over l8r i will show u my cd collection, its well buff haha :)

razorlight golden touch, in the mornin - also a wicked song.....

get some of the kaiser chiefs as well, thats the same sort of music, there's everyday i love u less n less, thats an ace tune, and obv. i predict a riot........

loadsa stuff.....i love indie music n poppy indie!! :):):):):)

Me too chickadee, this is the sort of stuff i listen to at home:thumbsup:

I think you should play Arctic Monkeys, Mardy bum for the first dance and watch the brides fists fly:D

stella

Aug 14, 2005
if yr wantin a slow dance 4 the bride n groom 2 dance 2 un'all in that lind of music "chasing Cars" by snowpatrol is a really good one.
:love:

the killers - when u were young
Razorlight - in the morning
The Kooks- naive :thumbsup:

could go on 4 ever cus i like this kind of music!!

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Nice one for the ideas guys - n Jenwah for the big list! I managed to get em all off Morpheus - only thing was I didnt write a list out so i didnt know what was what but it all went down well. Someone came over and asked for some newer stuff and i was well prepared and they didn't come again lol! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I couldn't resist playing a bit of old skool to spice it up a bit so i dropped a mint mix of Young MC with congress 40 miles then a quick acca - but it went over everyones head and when i did a bit o scratchin some pissed up bint said - 'stop dooooin that!' lol

I suppose it was some extra coin like but i can't be arsed doin em any more to be honest - too much hassle.