Anyone know how to kill a laptop

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Im actually looking for the opposite of normal help are there any PC gurus amongst us who could tell me a way to make my laptop not work but look legit.My insurance is due to run out in Aug and Im fancying a new machine.It looks like theyd rather do that than repair as long as big job.Its also covered for acidents but more of a risk cas gota prove was being vigilant etc cas i have thought of tripping and screen come off etc...worth like a £800 new machine but gota be convincing.........would liquid on it make it unrepairable:confused:

One....Newy

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Im actually looking for the opposite of normal help are there any PC gurus amongst us who could tell me a way to make my laptop not work but look legit.My insurance is due to run out in Aug and Im fancying a new machine.It looks like theyd rather do that than repair as long as big job.Its also covered for acidents but more of a risk cas gota prove was being vigilant etc cas i have thought of tripping and screen come off etc...worth like a £800 new machine but gota be convincing.........would liquid on it make it unrepairable:confused:

One....Newy

Spill milk on it or say ur kid has lol milk is a fucker cus it sticks to everything ;)

jim808

Sep 20, 2009
birstall/leeds
ehehe......i like ur style...turn it on and put it in a bag and then in abox...let the thing over heat.........burn the damn thing...if you spill liquid on it you might have to claim through house insurance....see what ur covered for 1st m8............try the dry method 1st then the wet method if no joy............good luck..........;)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Install Vista, that should do it :LOL:

Or a pint of orange over it, stickier than milk, watch your excess on insurance claims though...

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
ehehe......i like ur style...turn it on and put it in a bag and then in abox...let the thing over heat.........burn the damn thing...if you spill liquid on it you might have to claim through house insurance....see what ur covered for 1st m8............try the dry method 1st then the wet method if no joy............good luck..........;)

Or on a similar note, try the xbox RROD 'fix', wrap it in a towel while turned on? To melt the curcuit board solders? See YouTube for referance lol

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Thanx guys some stuff to consider ...also thanx for heads up on insurance but its a warranty with a shop wont name it so no excess and by all acounts policy is replace rather than repair :thumbsup:

One....Newy

Tilly Tina Tunz

Feb 21, 2009
Madchester
I took mine back to the shop & said my toddler gave my laptop a bath along with his toys :hubba: ( I have'nt even got kids )

I soaked it for a couple of hours in the sink,returned it to the shop,told them the TALE..... There were no questions asked & i received a bran spanking new laptop 8 days later:thumbsup:

:naughty: tut tut I know :$ :$