anyone into fell walking?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
Whats the Wainwrights? Used to a lot of walking but havnt done much recently :(

most, if not all of the wainwrights are in the lake district debs, used to enjoy a bit of fell walking when i was younger, but haven't done any for over 20 years. just fancied doing a bit again before i get too old lol ;)

john
ive currently only got 20 wainwrights to do, but am out & about most weekends, and know the lakes very well!
altho im off to the US next week, could arrange to meet up sometime, check out me facebook pics, got loads of pics & routes on there

nice 1 m8 i'll check out the pics, would deffo be good to climb a few of the wainwrights with u, might have to try a couple of the smaller ones first tho, best work my way up to scafell pike lol

might have to try a couple of the smaller ones first tho, best work my way up to scafell pike lol

bollocks!, Scafell Pikes a piece of piss, 4hrs from Seathwaite and back along the corridoor route, if you include Lingmell & Great End, well you might as well!! seeing your there!!
did i mention i also do a bit ultra-distance fell running as well!! ;)
just give me a shout next time your planning coming up John!

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
bollocks!, Scafell Pikes a piece of piss, 4hrs from Seathwaite and back along the corridoor route, if you include Lingmell & Great End, well you might as well!! seeing your there!!
did i mention i also do a bit ultra-distance fell running as well!! ;)
just give me a shout next time your planning coming up John!

i was thinking more along the lines of a stroll to the pub and back to start with, and work my way up lol :p

cheers m8, will give u a shout soon for sure :D :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
My mates sometime do the odd route fell walking (not necessarily Wainwrights though), but it's the early starts that put me off. I'd rather have a lie in at weekends and start later, but it never works out that way, so it's not going to happen unfortunately and it's the reason I never bothered golfing with them either.

I used to do some of the walks in my younger days, but (as then) i'd rather mix it up and do a bit of kayaking or biking too, but i'd certainly be interested in a camping and walking weekend:beer:

I did Malham Cove earlier in the year with a couple of nights camping thrown in for good measure. Nothing too strenuous though and finished off with a few beers in the pub:beer:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
My mates sometime do the odd route fell walking (not necessarily Wainwrights though), but it's the early starts that put me off. I'd rather have a lie in at weekends and start later, but it never works out that way, so it's not going to happen unfortunately and it's the reason I never bothered golfing with them either.

I used to do some of the walks in my younger days, but (as then) i'd rather mix it up and do a bit of kayaking or biking too, but i'd certainly be interested in a camping and walking weekend:beer:

I did Malham Cove earlier in the year with a couple of nights camping thrown in for good measure. Nothing too strenuous though and finished off with a few beers in the pub:beer:

aye, i've been to malham cove years ago m8 but i've never been walking in the lakes. driven past the lake district ont m6, and i have seen some of it on tv and tbh i've fallen in love with it, 1 thing i don't want when i die is to end up wishing i'd had the motivation to go there ;) i wake up quite early these days anyway so the early start wouldn't fuss me, not sure i'd wanna get up that early to play golf tho, it's a hard enuff game as it is without all the space cadet eyes lol ;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
You wanna be getting a move on then John before the wintery weather blows in mate. It can get pretty grim up there if you time it wrong and don't have the right gear. A day like today would have been ideal :cool:

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
You wanna be getting a move on then John before the wintery weather blows in mate. It can get pretty grim up there if you time it wrong and don't have the right gear. A day like today would have been ideal :cool:

deffo m8, thinking of leaving it till spring now if i'm honest, but cheers for the reply :)

just wanted to see if anyone on here was interested before i go off on my own lol