anyone been to Borneo

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dodgymix

I'm off Wednesday for a month (blagged off work he he)

Gonna be climbing mountains (with altitude sickness), swimming with giant turtles and seeing Orangutans...can't wait??

Anyone been...anything to recommend???

Ideally I should have been practising trekking / walking / hill climbing etc although the recent world cup has resulted in too much beer everynight...
:naughty:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Never been mate, but it sounds like my kinda thing!:cool: :thumbsup:

I'd never be able to pull myself away from the World Cup at the moment though:)

dodgymix

Northern Star said:
nice............:love:

Have a good one hun......sounds like heaven that to me :thumbsup:

Apart from the footy, will be 7 hours later so the evening kick offs will be at 3.45am, god, i'm gonna be leathered by that time!!!!

one of two of places will be far and wide from the nearest tv so gonna have to do some serious missions to find em...will be like the good old days wandering the streets in the middle of the night being totalling mute looking for somewhere to go being totally mute the the local population.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Youll have a ball then! ;)

Say isnt TP somewhere near borneo....mind you he moves around so much i cant keep up....:confused: someone has mentioned the place recently anyway :|

Wish it was me :$

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
if we never hear from you again we will assume that you have been taken and eaten by borneo pigmy cannibals in the forests..................

also take a a good mossie repellant - i beleive they are like the size of hens or sommat over there, lol

anyway have fun - lucky you going somewhere so lovely:D

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
I'm highly envious!

Been wanting to go to Borneo for a while now, my daughter's obsessed with orangutans, or meringue-utans as she calls em lol

If you get any pics that you dont mind displaying in a public forum like, i would love to see em:thumbsup:

have fun:)

dodgymix

Well finally back and what a great place to go!!!
here's a semi wild Orang Utan I met called Jackie, was really cool as there was only me, my girlfriend and a lad called Steve and a local who fed her.

Attachments

• Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 017.jpg
    Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 017.jpg
    731.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 022.jpg
    Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 022.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 018.jpg
    Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 018.jpg
    740.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 020.jpg
    Kuala Lumper & Borneo June & July 2006 020.jpg
    641.7 KB · Views: 16

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
You look like youve caught a nice tan there dodgy m8...but where are the orang utan pics you mentioned :confused: :p

nah seriously how ace is that......im well chuffed for you........defo one of those things you must do in a lifetime :thumbsup: