Anybody do any April Fools today?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Surely Newcastle United have done the biggest april fool possible, first they appointed Alan Shearer as Newcastle manager then they got Iain Dowie as assistant manager. It's great to see Mike Ashley still has a great sense of humour as the club battle relegation.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
No nothing happened here today, was talking to a colleague earlier about it saying its a dying tradition now as i remember when i was a kid youd get stuff on the news only to unfold it has been an april fools all along, shame really cus its quite a funny tradition :D

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Surely Newcastle United have done the biggest april fool possible, first they appointed Alan Shearer as Newcastle manager then they got Iain Dowie as assistant manager. It's great to see Mike Ashley still has a great sense of humour as the club battle relegation.

Toon/Boro in a few week should be a belter now :thumbsup:
Apparently Shearer could still play for us if needed as well.

Shearer/Owen strikeforce FTW :thumbsup: :cool:

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
No nothing happened here today, was talking to a colleague earlier about it saying its a dying tradition now as i remember when i was a kid youd get stuff on the news only to unfold it has been an april fools all along, shame really cus its quite a funny tradition :D

There's still stuff in all the papers...

The metro one was really shit about the new BMW with magnets in the front bumper so it can get towed along by the car in front & not burn any fuel.
If anyone was hard of thinking enough to take that seriously :axe: at the end there was summat about how it was invented by 'Uve Fallenforit" or summat like that.

Then there was the usual really piss poor one in the grauniad, about how they were closing down their printing works & it was only going to be available on Twitter. As if lol.

Bring back the Blue Peter one about that rare endangered species the 'Lirpa Loof' I say ;) :cool:

maff f

Jan 20, 2007
yeah,,left a written message for one of my lads to phone,,,,Mr Lyon,,and left knowsley safari parks number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he though it was for his mortgage!!!!when it starts up its a pre recorded message with all elephant trumpeting and lion roaring,,,,,,,,funny as fuck it was!!!

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
Did anyone hear the one on the radio news this morning about the Guardian newspaper only being available via Twitter from now on?

Made me laugh that one. :D

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
yeah,,left a written message for one of my lads to phone,,,,Mr Lyon,,and left knowsley safari parks number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he though it was for his mortgage!!!!when it starts up its a pre recorded message with all elephant trumpeting and lion roaring,,,,,,,,funny as fuck it was!!!

Nice one Mafff! :D

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester

:rofl:

Class :thumbsup:

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
I convinced a work colleague he was going to get sacked for breaking FSA regulations and mis-selling something :LOL:

:p

PMSLOLOL quality :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I didn't bother this year but one of the guys in my office did. He told one of the lads he had to go to Slovakia tomorrow to do some interviewing and the lad started to go into why he couldn't go as he had too much to do and then suddenly twigged it was an april fool! The same guy saw a woman walking past with tights and told her she had a ladder in them she stopped and was looking up and down to try and find it, turns out she'd only just put them on and they were on the small side :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Haven't seen one prank this year, although working for a small company and being on my own today didn't provide the right environment:|

Glad to see it lives on:cool: