Antivirus 2009

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!
Ahhhh in a worthless bid to disprove my friend that Jamie Lee Curtis was NOT once a hermaphrodite lol, I clicked on an unknown site that linked me to a page that installed some stupid spyware/malware called Antivirus 2009 to my comp.

Even though I have spybot, it didnt seem to remove it or even pick it up, so I downloaded Spy Hunter 3 as recommended for removing Antivirus 2009. It's picking up alsorts but is now asking me to purchase the full version remove anything.

Does anyone know if it's worth getting, or is Antivirus just a con from spy hunter to get you to buy the full package....?

Advice highly appreciated :)

(sorry for the boring thread by the way!)

misstickle

Apr 2, 2004
upgraded to Didsbury!

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
ive just managed to clear antivirus 2009 off my laptop(touchwood). Picked it up on Thursday of some animated gif site:mad:

Managed to do a restore from last wednesday and think thats done the trick but will give that a whirl if not jim, nice one:thumbsup:

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
just out of interest what are the best programs for anti virus and spyware etc.

i have just dl the program jiglo found and so far its found 54 infected files and still scanning, hopefully its doing some good and not gonna tell me its found all these files but ask me to pay up to remove them :(

i have mcafee and often run full virus scans with it, but it rarely finds anything. but my pc has been running very slow recently :( also what are good reliable pref free speed up programs? i tried tuneup utilities 2008 and got it to optimise my pc and the whole thing went tits up :S

just out of interest what are the best programs for anti virus and spyware etc.

i have just dl the program jiglo found and so far its found 54 infected files and still scanning, hopefully its doing some good and not gonna tell me its found all these files but ask me to pay up to remove them :(

i have mcafee and often run full virus scans with it, but it rarely finds anything. but my pc has been running very slow recently :( also what are good reliable pref free speed up programs? i tried tuneup utilities 2008 and got it to optimise my pc and the whole thing went tits up :S

Here you go top site for problems Antivirus, Antimalware, And Antispyware Resources

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
AVG Free version is the best free one out there IMO. If it up to date it will get rid of Antivirus 2009 and then do a system restore to be safe. This has worked for 5 people I have had to fix their PC's with the same virus. The latest McAfee definitions will get rid as well.

It can be done manually but not something I would recommend to anyone who is unsure. You should never have to format your PC for a virus like this.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
AVG Free version is the best free one out there IMO. If it up to date it will get rid of Antivirus 2009 and then do a system restore to be safe. This has worked for 5 people I have had to fix their PC's with the same virus. The latest McAfee definitions will get rid as well.

It can be done manually but not something I would recommend to anyone who is unsure. You should never have to format your PC for a virus like this.

ive always used avg free along with regcure :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I use AVG and Avast (which is rated even higher on Download by users). Good to see that they both auto install new updates and don't conflict with each other - like some early anti virus software did :thumbsup: