Another Ebay rip off merchant

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
Just been ripped off for the first time on ebay

ATE records, Essex was the seller and i was basically sent a record which was described as VG and it had a scratch the size of the grand canyon on it and was unusable

I emailed the seller and they had checked it and it seemed OK, they said to send it back for a refund, but before i did they gave me a refund for the record price only

I then asked them if they would refund me the postage i paid and plus the postage to return it and they ignored me until i threatened negative feedback

then they replied and basically said leave bad feedback if you want we dont care

Its not the money really but the principle and the attitude, if i was closer i'd have been round to pan his window in

rant over:mad:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Just been ripped off for the first time on ebay

ATE records, Essex was the seller and i was basically sent a record which was described as VG and it had a scratch the size of the grand canyon on it and was unusable

I emailed the seller and they had checked it and it seemed OK, they said to send it back for a refund, but before i did they gave me a refund for the record price only

I then asked them if they would refund me the postage i paid and plus the postage to return it and they ignored me until i threatened negative feedback

then they replied and basically said leave bad feedback if you want we dont care

Its not the money really but the principle and the attitude, if i was closer i'd have been round to pan his window in

rant over:mad:

common problem mate, does your head in doesnt it. Its happened to me both ways, where ive bought and found them to be fucked and the seller wont admit it or wont send me full refund, and when ive sold a tune without scratches and the buyer says its fucked. As a seller you then have to make a decision to take a hit on the feedback or play the game to avoid it. Its normally spaniards though who take the piss the most in my experiences.

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
common problem mate, does your head in doesnt it. Its happened to me both ways, where ive bought and found them to be fucked and the seller wont admit it or wont send me full refund, and when ive sold a tune without scratches and the buyer says its fucked. As a seller you then have to make a decision to take a hit on the feedback or play the game to avoid it. Its normally spaniards though who take the piss the most in my experiences.

Tonys right, foreigners can be funny about condition of tunes and post ect. Asking why it cost more to send by air that sea...idiots: Thats part of the reason I stoppeed selling on ebay, time wasters:eek: and rip off merchants:$

Tonys right, foreigners can be funny about condition of tunes and post ect. Asking why it cost more to send by air that sea...idiots: Thats part of the reason I stoppeed selling on ebay, time wasters:eek: and rip off merchants:$

aye im the same here dont do much on ebay these days due to tossers, and only ever had real problems with overseas buyers , seems thier english is ok when selling , lising or buying + bidding on things ,then they act all daft when it comes to payment or other problems , "ohh but sorry i am not very good english yes please " :crazy: !!! whatever u wan*ers...:p

woody

strange you say that, ive just had a guy from tenerife say a record i know was in perfect condition was badly warped.
I know full well as it was out of my own collection and i went through em being ruthless selling owt that was worth more than 5 quid that id not played for ages. It was only NM because i always grade em conservatively. that way it gives em no room to dispute it usually. This however i think takes the piss. I'm gonna add a note "will not post to spain" on my Oggs :thumbsup:

I told him to post it back to me and i will refund the value of the record only when i receive it. The thing that takes the piss even more, i undercharged him for postage as i was pissed when i replied to the mail lol and didnt realise he was in spain, and secondly as the tune was worth a 10er (the rest on Oggs were 10+) and i sold it for 4 quid to get rid.

Cheeky fukker:mad:

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
woody next time you go on yer hols to spain,piss off as many balconys on to unsuspecting spaniards on their way to work as possible. retribution is yours. lol
DAMO;)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I've used ATE a couple of times without problems, but be thinking hard about using them again taking that attitude with their customers:naughty:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
woody next time you go on yer hols to spain,piss off as many balconys on to unsuspecting spaniards on their way to work as possible. retribution is yours. lol
DAMO;)

Take out good insurance though, because Spanish police don't like pisstakers;)

seandelier

Dec 8, 2006
cheeky bugger gave me negative feedback for giving him bad feedback? then tried to say he had given me a full refund when he hadnt

he has had 16 negatives this past 12 months and 18 neutral while i have had no negs or neutrals until his?

Neil H

Mar 15, 2006
Runcorn
sometimes when buying on ebay i check out T & C's and see what return policy they have etc

i agree though full refund should be comming back
:naughty: you done nothing wrong :mad:

Craig Luck

Jul 28, 2007
DAMO;)

Not the best of ideas. I saw somebody do this in Ibiza and they got the granny kicked out of them by the local polizia. Not a nice sight I tell thee. :mexican:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Reading this again, it's just reminded me I have store credit at htfr from months ago:crazy:

Anybody know how long it lasts for?:S