Andy Weatherall - Drum Club 93

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Sold this one on recently so uploading it for anyone who wants a copy :thumbsup:

Andy Weatherall - Boys Own - Drum Club 93

Andy - Drum Club.jpgAndy Weatherall - Drum Club 93.jpg

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Reactions: chinatownswhite

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Awesome! 🙌 (y) Apparently this was recorded on 7th January 1993

"The Drum Club was a mid-week club based in London's Soundshaft run by Charlie Hall (of the band of the same name) and others. It was always a perfect way to ruin yourself for the next day as you got to bed about 4am if you stayed all night but with young legs those things are easy. In fact those are the things that make the next day even better... Knowing what you and your mates were up to at 1am that morning.

Here's 90 minutes of vintage Andy Weatherall via photographer Steve Double's Soundcloud with a desk recording of him in fine form. As he says, "An Andy Weatherall set from 7th January 1993, back when Drum Club was at Soundshaft on Craven St, the back part of Heaven. Someone I knew used to tape sets off the desk and this one ended up in my possession. Digitised from a C90 so sound quality ain't exactly stellar but as a record of a set you're unlikely to every hear the like of again, it's top notch!"

1712157486065.png

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Awesome! 🙌 (y) Apparently this was recorded on 7th January 1993

"The Drum Club was a mid-week club based in London's Soundshaft run by Charlie Hall (of the band of the same name) and others. It was always a perfect way to ruin yourself for the next day as you got to bed about 4am if you stayed all night but with young legs those things are easy. In fact those are the things that make the next day even better... Knowing what you and your mates were up to at 1am that morning.

Here's 90 minutes of vintage Andy Weatherall via photographer Steve Double's Soundcloud with a desk recording of him in fine form. As he says, "An Andy Weatherall set from 7th January 1993, back when Drum Club was at Soundshaft on Craven St, the back part of Heaven. Someone I knew used to tape sets off the desk and this one ended up in my possession. Digitised from a C90 so sound quality ain't exactly stellar but as a record of a set you're unlikely to every hear the like of again, it's top notch!"

View attachment 40764
Great bit of info there Henry :thumbsup: Top man
I have had this one for years and didn't know any of that, nice one

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
I've seen this set named in many diff ways AW Drum 94, AW Shaft, AW Craven, AW Heaven, which all tie's into what Henry has posted above.

I do love how Andy put his sets together, you never knew what he's going to come up with track wise, he would be playing something current for that year, then he would revert to really old stuff or something very bizarre, but he would make it work with current stuff, he had that skill of taking you on a trip really, it could be some real dark techno mixed with some nice house.

TBH I was very surprised that Progress booked him, has that crowd were very used to what they knew track wise, below is a com from one of my YT subs regarding his Set @ Progress
"Bet this blew away the cheesy muppets of Progress! The handbags were ceremoniously burnt outside the club that night. Derby has never been the same"

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
I've seen this set named in many diff ways AW Drum 94, AW Shaft, AW Craven, AW Heaven, which all tie's into what Henry has posted above.

I do love how Andy put his sets together, you never knew what he's going to come up with track wise, he would be playing something current for that year, then he would revert to really old stuff or something very bizarre, but he would make it work with current stuff, he had that skill of taking you on a trip really, it could be some real dark techno mixed with some nice house.

TBH I was very surprised that Progress booked him, has that crowd were very used to what they knew track wise, below is a com from one of my YT subs regarding his Set @ Progress
"Bet this blew away the cheesy muppets of Progress! The handbags were ceremoniously burnt outside the club that night. Derby has never been the same"
The man produced Screamadelica he can do NO wrong in my opinion 🙌

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
thanks for ripping / sharing this Ming, its a new set for me

looking at The Weatherdrive its in there now, it wasnt there when it was first started
https://www.oldskoolanthems.com/thr...0-hours-of-andrew-weatherall-dj-mixes.131515/

let me know if you can fill any of the blanks, the tracklist in the weatherdrive has some tracks missing & a wrong ID

00:00 Espiritu - Bonita Manana (Sabres)
09:00 The Moody Boys - King Of The Funky Zulus (Original Version)
13:30 Musical Science - Musical Science (Squelch) [Sabres Of Paradise]
21:00 System 7 - 7: 7 Expansion (Conspiracy Mix)
26:00 Disco Evangelists - De Niro [Positiva]
32:00 Pierres Pfantasy Club - Fantasy Girl
39:20 ? string stabs
45:00 Circuit Breaker - Open Your Mind [Probe]

00:00 Circuit Breaker - Open Your Mind [Probe] cont
00:50 Ron Trent - Altered States
12:00 K-Alexi - Drugtest [Djax-Up-Beats]
16:20 ? female scat/organ/acid (also on AW @ Pimp 26-2-93)
23:00 ? inst
29:00 Neal Howard - The Gathering [1988]
34:00 Jambo - Transglobal Obsession [Wonka Beats]
39:00 Ohm - Tribal Tone (Ruffneck Mix) [Hubba Hubba]

Last edited:
Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
thanks for ripping / sharing this Ming, its a new set for me

looking at The Weatherdrive its in there now, it wasnt there when it was first started
https://www.oldskoolanthems.com/thr...0-hours-of-andrew-weatherall-dj-mixes.131515/

let me know if you can fill any of the blanks, the tracklist in the weatherdrive has some tracks missing & a wrong ID

00:00 Espiritu - Bonita Manana (Sabres)
09:00 The Moody Boys - King Of The Funky Zulus (Original Version)
13:30 Musical Science - Musical Science (Squelch) [Sabres Of Paradise]
21:00 System 7 - 7: 7 Expansion (Conspiracy Mix)
26:00 Disco Evangelists - De Niro [Positiva]
32:00 Pierres Pfantasy Club - Fantasy Girl
39:20 ? string stabs
45:00 Circuit Breaker - Open Your Mind [Probe]

00:00 Circuit Breaker - Open Your Mind [Probe] cont
00:50 Ron Trent - Altered States
12:00 K-Alexi - Drugtest [Djax-Up-Beats]
16:20 ? female scat/organ/acid (also on AW @ Pimp 26-2-93)
23:00 ? inst
29:00 Neal Howard - The Gathering [1988]
34:00 Jambo - Transglobal Obsession [Wonka Beats]
39:00 Ohm - Tribal Tone (Ruffneck Mix) [Hubba Hubba]
I was just about to post up just about the same tracklist :ROFLMAO: got the same missing ones has you but didnt know the Neil Howard one (y)

Reactions: brady