And the first Record you ever heard ..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Really difficult to say, Ive just got lots of mashed up tune memories!!!

I recall Nipper at the Hac in 93 banging out a choooo (amongst many)n but cant fekkin remember...How annoying is it when that happens??

One of my main Bowlers tune memories is the break in massiv - dansattack in Bowlers with the lights going on and hands in the air of everybody all around but that DEFINITELY aint anywhere near one of the first......Just that its far too early for memory questions!!!!!!!

ps - That was dansattack before the whoomp der it is bootleg mash up type thingy!

Big T

May 16, 2002
Wakefield
I always can remember the film Calafornia man where the cavemans in the club dancing to K-Klass-Rythem is a Mystery.
It was me fave bit!:thumbsup:
Tom

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
As a young peep, I lived in a pub! A tune that sticks out in my head & I shouldn't really be owning up2 this, came from the early 80's that used to get played by the pub D.J - HANDS UP by OTTAWAN, Im not that old, but this tune just sticks in mi 'ed, this was then dance music, and is probably the tune that put me on the road to dance music, sad isnt it!
Total transformation came in 87 with MARRS & Steve Silk Hurley! That was it then! Dance music MAD

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
I would say the first house record I ever heard was Jack Your Body, I remember it was number 1 when I must have been about 9 yrs old. That and (unfortunately) House Arrest by Krush, remember them being on Midlands Today (sad local news programme) A few years ago I actually met one of the guys behind Krush, a guy called Mark Gamble who also did Rhythmatic and KWS, he now produces dodgy pop/rock bands...

italian style

Feb 22, 2002
wakefield
couple of tunes which i can always remember from when i was younger are shades of rhythm 'sweet sensation', brothers in rhythm 'peace and harmoney' and yolanda 'livin for the night', use to get played to me over and over again by me bro.

Taff

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2001
Manchester
House Master Boyz - House Nation way back in 86... my sister bought it and it used to do my head right in... I wasn't into house at that time until I decided to go out underage drinking with a couple of m8s (15 years old!!) then my whole world changed...LOL!! great days!!!;)

Hutty

Nov 20, 2001
Leyland
First tune that stuck in my head will never be forgotten. First time @ BOWLERS and after a tour of the joint my mate said " And now this is the dancefloor" I just thought feck me this is goin 2 b good and as i walked across the middle KHALED -- CHEBBA (man city mix) was blastin out next thing i know my mates picking me up off my knees and asking me r u allright?? My reply bein ""U BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!"":axe: :axe: :axe: Also always used to remember that thud of the bassline when u where stood in the queue @ Bowlers! That green and red building used to shake like fuck from the outside!! U cud never quiet make out what was playin but the bassline was always there!! Anybody else remember it???

Biggie

May 10, 2002
Manchester
Before I'd been to a club one of my m8's Used to always play
Part-e Give me your love the mix with the accapella at the start
Top Tune:)

Then the same m8 dragged me to Life@bowlers now theres to many to choose from

Also remember listening to the test transmission for kiss 102 in manchester and falling in love with True faith - take me away
get tingles just writing the name of this :)

tall paul

Sep 19, 2001
Liverpool
Boomtown rats - tell me why I don't like mondays!

First 'house/techno' record I bought was an Album called Reactive 1, with Energy Flash & Atomic Playboy etc. on it.