America On Line

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
(aol) in my old flat i must of had a bad bt line because where i am now i get 7 to 8 meg and no problems at all but other people say its shit

i think it depends on the age of your bt line and lines in your area some are 30 years old and more thats why some have really bad problems staying connected
but alot of people say virgin is good because its all new cable lines and upto 30 meg i think
hope this helps :) :)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Don't ever, under ANY circumstances, ever, and I mean EVER, put an AOL CD in your computer... lol

I been with them for a good few years, they're good for skanking people, I will say that. I'm paying £17.99 for 8meg, and lad at work is paying them £29.99 for the exact same... I only got it for that price coz I read on the net that other people had been offered it as an upgrade.

They're a pain in the ass to get any sense out of, but then again, so is any call centre in India. If you're lucky you'll get through to one of the centres in Ireland, but it's really hit n miss.

They used to have a freephone number for "support" but then changed to an 0870- number. I got a freephone number a while back off SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers which I'm sorry to say isn't working any more. Fucked if I'm paying to be told a load of bollocks by some cnut who probably can't even tie his own shoe laces.

When they say "unlimited" it USED to really mean that. But now, sadly, they've jumped on the "fair use" bandwagon. Still, you get around 60gig/month before they start capping you.

I'm sure they're not the worst ISP, but I'm quite confident in saying that they're probably not the best either. lol

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Oh, one more thing... Don't ever fall for that "Someone will ring you back in a hour" line, that the tech-support imbeciles love to spew out of their shit-infested gobs. They will NOT ring you back, lol :thumbsup:

mrshifter

Jan 20, 2005
Dodge City
I'm currently with AOL and to be honest at the moment I'd rather have rectal warts :S

To be fair I've had almost three years with no problems but just lately my connection is absolutely rubbish. I'm struggling to get connected in the first place and then getting disconnected on what seems like five minute intervals. :mad: My internet experience at the moment consists of 'Local Connection 2 Not Working', 'Web site found. Waiting for reply', 'A Network Cable Is Unplugged' and 'Opening Page'. AOL support is shite. I've done everything they've suggested twice and it's worse if anything.

Soon as I get paid at the end of next week I'm fucking 'em off and going to Sky :thumbsup:

MizzDeedz

May 6, 2006
dont go with AOL and like ILP says - dont put that disc in your PC - the software that it installs is also a biatch to clean off ya PC too and it tries to take over everything.

the service is a bag of cack and if your lucky you can get a connection. My sis used to have them and she was forever on the phone trying to get to speak to them

AVOID AOL LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I am with Virgin Media (used to be NTL) and tbh I dont have any probs with my tinternet and i am on 10mg line - its also perfect for my xbox 360 as its a dedicated cable line and does not use the phone lines :thumbsup:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
A fair point Mikey, but when you come to take it off your computer it doesn't half leave some shit behind.... well that's what I've found in my experience.

Aye, thats why you don't let the CD anywhere near your PC. You don't need their software, and never have. They just don't like admiting it.

djpileup

Jun 11, 2007
Scotland
AOLerror.jpg

PepeLePew

Oct 27, 2005
Hyde
www.myspace.com
Say no to Gay-o-l
Like Miss Deedz says, once that software is installed. You will find it easier to buy a new hard disc and reinstall windows and all your other software, than it is to try deleting gay-o-l from your pc. :mad: