Amazon Mp3 Old Skool Search

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Howy

Feb 22, 2012
Southport
Hi, has anyone found any decent old skool tunes on Amazon mp3 store? Unexpected or rare tracks that you did'nt expect to find?

Last edited:

Sim-E

Oct 3, 2011
soundcloud.com
I have found a few on juno and beatport. Some good tracks too. I paid for a wav but it didn't sound that great but what else can you expect with 20 odd year old music

Howy

Feb 22, 2012
Southport
Thanks Sim-E, i will check out Juno and Beatport. Just awkward finding tracks other than obvious 'floorfiller and anthem' type tracks. Found hundreds of good,fairly rare tunes though, italian/euro/house/rave that i had completely forgotten about! Shame there is no dedicated Old Skool section on Amazon. Even better, it would be good to have a section for mp3 downloads on this site listing all Old Skool tracks available from everywhere, with links! haha, Maybe im asking too much though!!!!

Sculli722

Jan 15, 2012
Theres always youtube for if you get desperate. When theres no way else you can always listen to them on there. :thumbsup:

Howy

Feb 22, 2012
Southport
Sculli722 you are right, youtube is brilliant. Sound quality when converted to mp3 is not great though. I mainly try and look for tunes to play through midi controller at home for fun (mp3s or cds)I mean i like my vinyl but its not practical for me anymore. Im sure there are plenty of people who play mp3s instead . . . I think . . ??

Sculli722

Jan 15, 2012
@howy Very true, the sound quality is a real hit and miss thing with youtube, like for example I found 'Trip to Trumpton' (leave me alone, I'm only learning ;) ) on youtube with perfect quality video but horrible audio. If you look for videos in HD though and convert them in HD then the sound quality remains pretty good though. Well very good for an MP3 file!

Howy

Feb 22, 2012
Southport
Thanks Pleasuredrom2, thats a perfect example. I've got thousands of tunes but I'd never heard that track before! Plus there is a few different mixes of it. Just makes me wonder how many hundreds of quality tracks i've not heard before and how to find them! Thats a good suggestion Sculli722 thanks, i will do that. You'd think though in this day and age there would be the tech' to 'scrub up' any low bitrate track into a near mint copy . . . . . !!!