Amazing nano microscope photos

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
those pics are great, been looking through some of the other galleries on there too :cool: reminds me of something that always battered my head on messy thought times :fekked: if these things are so small we cant see them with the naked eye, does that mean we are too big for them to see :confused: and if so could our whole universe be just a miniscule spec living on something much much bigger :|

speed used to get me too, as in say a mayfly lives a day, it has to be born, learn to fly, reproduce and snuff it in a day, yet we have a tree that lives for up to 500 years, now a tree grows so slow it cant be seen growing, so are there things thats lifespan is so quick we cant see it, poss faster than the speed of light ? but to whatever they are (if they do exist) they think thier lifespan is the norm and they cant see us move because we move that slow :confused: right thats enough my heads beging to spin :spin:

Art Awreet

Jan 12, 2007
London
those pics are great, been looking through some of the other galleries on there too :cool: reminds me of something that always battered my head on messy thought times :fekked: if these things are so small we cant see them with the naked eye, does that mean we are too big for them to see :confused: and if so could our whole universe be just a miniscule spec living on something much much bigger :|

speed used to get me too, as in say a mayfly lives a day, it has to be born, learn to fly, reproduce and snuff it in a day, yet we have a tree that lives for up to 500 years, now a tree grows so slow it cant be seen growing, so are there things thats lifespan is so quick we cant see it, poss faster than the speed of light ? but to whatever they are (if they do exist) they think thier lifespan is the norm and they cant see us move because we move that slow :confused: right thats enough my heads beging to spin :spin:

More headspin:fekked: - Anything moving very near to the speed of light is affected by Einstein's special theory of relativity, which basically means that time slows down. Something moving at the speed of light theoretically would get from 1 star to another in a blink of their eye, when in fact years would have passed. Time becomes frozen and lifespan would become infinite relative to people on Earth. So in actual fact, if you are travelling very close to the speed of light, people on the Earth would actually be going about there daily lives much faster.

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye

Leaky, find and read a book called Fragment, cant recall who by, its Fiction, about a bit of a lost Continent that's drifted on its own tectonic plate miles from shipping lanes hence "rarely " discovered... and follows a very alternative evolution. It does explain factually and scientificly about our lifespans and the evolutionary reason for ageing and death, but the fiction bit turns this reason its head on this lost bit of a continent..

It will fuck your head Guaranteed!

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
More headspin:fekked: - Anything moving very near to the speed of light is affected by Einstein's special theory of relativity, which basically means that time slows down. Something moving at the speed of light theoretically would get from 1 star to another in a blink of their eye, when in fact years would have passed. Time becomes frozen and lifespan would become infinite relative to people on Earth. So in actual fact, if you are travelling very close to the speed of light, people on the Earth would actually be going about there daily lives much faster.

:eek: wo.. far to much for my little head to work round, fascinating though :thumbsup:

Leaky, find and read a book called Fragment, cant recall who by, its Fiction, about a bit of a lost Continent that's drifted on its own tectonic plate miles from shipping lanes hence "rarely " discovered... and follows a very alternative evolution. It does explain factually and scientificly about our lifespans and the evolutionary reason for ageing and death, but the fiction bit turns this reason its head on this lost bit of a continent..

It will fuck your head Guaranteed!

you know dave i might just give that a try, its been years since i thought of this stuff, and in fact the last time it came to mind before now, was after watching IMDb - Horton Hears a Who! (2008) which is ace btw. :D