All the gear NO idea

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Newy

May 10, 2008
Huddersfield
Lol Guys I need help and Im the sort of guy who hates asking so believe me Ive tried every avenue...

I thought Id try my hand at a bit of production just for a laugh and was messing with Ableton...I then decided to get a controller and ended up getting a Novation Launchpad and SL MKII plus a Akai LPD8 but no matter what I try I cant control anything...Ive watched every youtube watched the ASK DVD you name it Ive tried it ...what am I doing wrong guys geez Im not trying to be Madlib I jus wanna tweak and have fun which at the moment Im only gonna get by launching the launchpad outa the window.....:cry:

One....Newy

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
I think the first thing to do is realise you need to learn to walk before you can run... start with a few effects..then maybe look at using them on a tune and just keep building up like that... it needs time mate, lots of it. ;)

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
The launchpad is a piece of piss to set-up in terms of assigning midi to it. In fact, in preferences, choose midi & make sure that you have set up all the controllers to receive midi etc...