Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Whipper

Sep 4, 2010
Salford
Alistair Whitehead Haçienda Xmas Party Sankeys 28 Dec 2011

Enjoy

Links allisterwhitehead_xmasparty_281211.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Joe Bloggs £") 320kbps

allister whitehead_xmasparty_281211.mp3 180 kbps

Allister Whitehead delivers a mix chock full of classics, recorded at The Haçienda Xmas Party at Sankeys on Weds 28 Dec 2011, which set the Beehive Mill basement alight just before the appearance of Graeme Park to close off proceedings.

A flowing, highly spirited selection from Allister, he takes the measure of the Christmas crowd on the fly considering sets better when they are spontaneous and unplanned. 'On nights like that DJ and crowd come together. It should be instinctual what you play.'

With deft and sometimes hugely extended mixes between tracks, AW plays across his delicately tuneful style across classic and modern house and garage but rather than taking a warm up approach and measuring the temperature rising of the crowd, chooses to kicks straight in with his selection with Dave Lee’s / Joey Negro’s breakthrough hit “Do What You Feel”.

The original DSK mix of US house original “What Would We Do” opens up the set with material from Frankie Bones & Tommy Musto and Murk raising the tempo toward the midsection which sees Dave Seaman’s Brothers In Rhythm “Such A Good Feeling” given an airing along with King Street Mix of Degrees Of Motion’s “Do You Want It Right Now?" and a sublimely wrought, lesser known of Inner City’s “Big Fun” storming the Sankeys floor.

Taking it down a notch or two with the more earthy bass tones of LFO and N-Joi’s “Anthem”, towards the end of his already warmed up set, the uplifting piano house of True Faith’s “Take Me Away” and Chrissy Ward’s “Right And Exact”, Allister chose to end on some classics, leaving it nicely teed up for Graeme.

'I wanted to play some 88/89 classics but I didn’t want to prejudice Graeme’s set coming up later so in the end I just played 3 tracks from that time, Patti Day “Right Before My Eyes”, Ketchia Jenkins “I Need Somebody” and Nicole “Rock the House”, all tracks I remember loving back in The Haçienda's halcyon period.'

Last edited: