Adobe audtion 1.5 volume settings.???

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

digthemusic

Mar 25, 2002
burnley
I`ve just stated to rip some tapes i have with this soft ware but some of the tapes start off quiet and then slowly go louder the more of the tape i play.

This is the recording volume i have it set at.

Is there anything in it that will automatically adjust the recording volume to suit or do you just have to keep watching it and ajust it to suit.?????

Thanks in advance.;)

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
As long as you keep below "toast".....the red highlights blipping at the end, you should be fine, and you can adjust everything later.

Obviously, if your input is too loud and you havent got any control over it, you can use the windows mixer to define a slightly lower level as default.

Personally, rightly or wrongly, I record at under toast, and if there is any that are on my defualt level and come out quieter than the others I just 'normalise' it.

In your case, I would possibly use the fade commands to give a loudness change over time, to rectify the error, or repeatedly normalise different segments highlighted.

I dont think there is an automatic adjustment whilst recording, but Ive never tried looking for one, lol. I dont think it would be possible really.

Cheerio

Sirius.

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
What you could do is record it all in one go, but turn your input down to avoi the toast - aka clipping, then stick your waveform in the multitrack window and manually draw in the volume changes.

You might also want to try some different ammounts of compression, to make the loud bits quieter and the quiet bits louder. :thumbsup:

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
Sit there & do it in real time as the added dynamic range will make it sound better than recording it low & boosting/normalizing it up, but obviously dont let it go into the "clip" red range above 0db.