Acid/Techno Comps

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ClearCap

Jan 28, 2009
London (Ex-West Country!)
Hi All,

just wanted some opinions on the best Acid & Techno compilation cd's about. I used to love the hard techno & acid circa 1992-1994 as a kid but never knew who was making what on what labels. The sound i like would be the sort you'd hear on what i now know as the label 100% Acidiferous etc etc, that general sort of thing. big fat 303's and analogue squelches. I'm fed up of guessing and ending up with shit gabber!!! I like early Industrial strength (some of it) like Disintegrator: 'Lock on Target' too, as long as it has no crap swearing/sex samples like all that Mokum bollocks.
I don't really want to get on the vinyl trip as i have my vinyl collection where i want it to be in terms of genres i like. So i'd be looking for Cd's or even quality mixes. I know if i buy 1 record that's it...in for a penny in for pound!

Can someone point me in the right direction?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
tbh im not a lover of compilation cds but one good techno/trance cd i got was on tip recordings cant think of the name (if it had one at all) but it was blue and yellow ont he sleeve had stuff like infinity project - stimuli on it - really good :thumbsup:

failing that get into the mixes section theres some cracking ones in there! im working on a techno mix myself theres plenty of it to be had :thumbsup:

ClearCap

Jan 28, 2009
London (Ex-West Country!)
Cheers mate.

yeah i'm not a big fan of comps either but i thought it might be a good avenue back into the sound. Any mixes in particular you recommend?

Have to say i'm really getting a feel for acid again. Been checking out some tracks. I think i'm doomed in terms of trying not to buy vinyl:naughty:

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
Grab the 94 David Holmes essential mix from here...

not as hard as wat ur after but its good techno and acid and hard trance from that era...

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

also for CDs...

Various - The Best Of My Box (CD) at Discogs

i remember the 'Sound Of Acid Core' and 'aCID fLASH' comps being full of top tunes. 'technohead'was mental:crazy: .:cool: think i know more but i need to jog my memory. Its going back a bit

its just headache tackle for me these days tho:$

zot

May 8, 2005
Plymouth, U.K

zot

May 8, 2005
Plymouth, U.K
Gotta pile of 92 - 94 techno tunes if yu interested....gimme a pm, am sure we can come to a deal seeing as I don't have vinyl decks anymore :thumbsup: