Accents

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Str33tb0y

Sep 14, 2005
i love accents me there ace :) not bothered about east anglian accents (no offence :) )

ive got a Laandon accent me like u know wot i mean gezzer

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
accents are ace.

I love french ones.....:love:

But as for the good old UK.......I'm not really bothered....just not really a fan of those southerners who talk like foreigners.....as in, 'Last week I went to Mc Donalds?' Making a statement sound like a question with a rising tone at the end of a sentance. Annoying :mad:

As for me, I dont think I really have an accent considering I live in Wigan :| Pretty neutral north Id say.....

i cant stand the accent that most out of town students have, i fucking hate going round withington and fallowfield and being subjected to " like oh my god you so wont beleive what happenend" type conversations with a fucking monotone drawl, i mean , these guys obviously come from some where right? so then why the fuck do they all speak the same?? they cant all be from some mad little hamlet, that just spews out students can they?

thats my accent hate, :thumbsup:

Dont judge us Scots by Shabaz or Sam, We hive gid acksents, yi no!!!!!!!!

Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amelie said:
I have a Lancs accent, obviously- i don't think its that broad.

I like French accents on men, i find them very attractive. I don't really like any others apart from South Africa and Texan drawly type ones, but these are just for comedy value.

I do find Scottish, Irish and American to be very annoying.

:)

Am Sottish and i dont understand the Hi-landers,

Martin C.......

MizzDeedz said:
I work in a customer services type job so i get to speak to gen public all day long. I hate strong scottish accents as they are so hard to understand.

I love londoners accents and scouse blokes cos they just sound cheeky and ive never had a problem with a scouser!! honest, they never get nasty and are nice to talk too!! wierd!! :D

I have a slight manc accent but its not strong as i spent 18 years living in macclesfield so its mostly gone now, lol

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
milenko/ said:
i cant stand the accent that most out of town students have, i fucking hate going round withington and fallowfield and being subjected to " like oh my god you so wont beleive what happenend" type conversations with a fucking monotone drawl, i mean , these guys obviously come from some where right? so then why the fuck do they all speak the same?? they cant all be from some mad little hamlet, that just spews out students can they?

its all true. i hate that.........

milenko/ said:

agreed... especially when it's effected / put on....

I LOATH people talking like all American, yeah ? Like, whatever...

Pretentious bastards the lot of em...:mad:

Oh yeah... I also hate with a passion the eternal Antipodean question... when every sentence always has raised inflections at the end to make it sound like a question.... :mad:

amymars

Apr 28, 2006
Standish
Shooms said:
agreed... especially when it's effected / put on....

I LOATH people talking like all American, yeah ? Like, whatever...

Pretentious bastards the lot of em...:mad:

Oh yeah... I also hate with a passion the eternal Antipodean question... when every sentence always has raised inflections at the end to make it sound like a question.... :mad:

i dont think anybody reads my posts anymore, see below shooms :(

fred_funk

May 9, 2003
Landaaaaaan town
turpieaj said:
I cant hate any accent, as its just as bad as hating someone for their skin colour, sexual orientation or religious beliefs:naughty:
I'll second that.
It makes me smile that the BBC and the rest of the media are now finally at a stage when having a regional accent has not just become accepted but in some cases it is actually considered cool. Oh how times have changed.

...and in answer to question about what acccents I can do - my Glaswegian would get pass marks. :D

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
Amelie said:
I have a Lancs accent, obviously- i don't think its that broad.

I like French accents on men, i find them very attractive. I don't really like any others apart from South Africa and Texan drawly type ones, but these are just for comedy value.

I do find Scottish, Irish and American to be very annoying.

:)
I loooooooooooove thierry henry and i think it may be his accent that does it for me! He's not fit but he is if you get me!

Can't stand american and brummmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy (brum) accents but don't mind slight scouse. I hate scally manchester accents, like when a certain someone who shall remain nameless shouts at his dog, goes into full on scall voice! eeeeeeeeeeew! lol j/k ;)

Miss C

May 18, 2003
New York
milenko/ said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: lolololol too true