A sharp learning curve...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Myk

Having recently got bored (Ok not bored but warn out) with straight mixing I have recently started messing around with some production stuff. I have installed Reason with Recycle, Sony Acid, Goldwave, Fruity Loops and a copy of VDJ. I am not very good with any of it at the moment but man do I get a buzz messing around with it all. I just ordered a small M Audio midi keyboard, can't wait.

Anyway, I wanted to share this little "remix" of Wicked Games I churned out last night. It is only like the 4th track I have put together but I am definitely getting the hang of some of the functions now phones:

YouTube - Chris Isaak Vs Ecstasio - Wicked Breaks

All feedback and constructive criticism welcome.

:gigolo: Myk :gigolo:

Myk

First of all thanks for the feedback guys. I know it is far from perfect but the ideas are there. I am still a mere "n00b" with the software but I am getting there.

Shooms, my channel made me cry (well nearly; there were a lot of memories in those comments after 3 years. I still have the music of course but I will never recover all those friends and subscribers and conversations). 3 years I built that baby up. I was Number 4 most viewed ever in Spain! I had a lot of copyright warnings over the years but always kept on top of them, removing any warned content. Then one night at around 2:30 am (I was sound asleep) they sent me 3 email warnings on 3 separate tracks. 2 were on Moving Shadows and one on WMG. The thing is they had been on the channel forever and were never flagged or matched. So when I got up, to my dismay, my account had been suspended for accumulating 3 warnings! Very dodgy indeed.

Anyway the new channel is picking up slowly but I am only uploading mixes, remixes and tracks I have done myself this time (or tracks I have permission from the author to use and upload). So far their beat/melody detection seems to miss stuff in a mix usually (although I got a WMG hit on Grace - Not Over Yet which I had about 30 seconds of in a mix and is on Perfecto. Very bloody silly). So I will see how it goes I guess.

Myk :wave:

parky

Sep 14, 2007
lancaster
lol thats rather cool.

i thought it was a mad mixture at first. but yes it does work.good idea!
not bad at all if you say your new to all this..:thumbsup:

Myk

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am working a website where all the videos and high quality downloads will be available. My remix of "Juicy Lucy" will also be available on beatport.com within a few days too.

In the meantime you can grab the mp3's here:

Cari Lekebusch & Oedla Vs Ecstasio - Juicy Lucy (Remix) Available on Beatport

Ecstasio Feat. Crazy Town - The Butterfly Effect (NEW)

Life Support 1.0 (NEW)

Juicy Lucy (Remix)

Ecstasio Strikes Back

Blinded By The Lights

Beastie Boys Vs Blackmass Plastics Vs Ecstasio

Ecstasio - Wicked Breaks (Original Cut)

Ecstasio Feat. King - Love And Pride

Ecstasio - Wicked Breaks (Extended Mix)

Ecstasio - Twisted Trip

Ecstasio - Liquidised Flies

Also, all & more available on Youtube channel "Spancunian". I will make a post when my site goes live.

:thumbsup: phones: :thumbsup:

Myk