A Blast From The Past

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
was talking to a guy at work the other day about the music from the late 1980's & the clubs and other stuff like you do when you get to feeling all nostalgic:D

Anyway got talking about City Lites in Farnworth when Chris Burgess & Ken Grogan used to dj there & they used to let a lad called Jonathon Barrington do live pa's to promote is song miracle maker phones:

The song was produced by Steve Burgess & was one of his earliest pieces of work :cool:

found this on youtube, you can see in the pictures Steve & Chris Burgess and also the guy rapping Levi B (Jonathan Barrington) & Ken Grogan too.

YouTube - MC Levi B - The Miracle Maker

Last edited:

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
Last edited:

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
was talking to a guy at work the other day about the music from the late 1980's & the clubs and other stuff like you do when you get to feeling all nostalgic:D

Anyway got talking about City Lites in Farnworth when Chris Burgess & Ken Grogan used to dj there & they used to let a lad called Jonathon Barrington do live pa's to promote is song miracle maker phones:

The song was produced by Steve Burgess & was one of his earliest pieces of work :cool:

found this on youtube, you can see in the pictures Steve & Chris Burgess and also the guy rapping Levi B (Jonathan Barrington) & Ken Grogan too.

YouTube - MC Levi B - The Miracle Maker

nice one son, for bringing this up.....................cant beat a bit of hip-house.........another wanted tune courtesy of, dj davey osa:thumbsup:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Nice one davey , rem talking about this with you , nice bit of north west nostalgia there :D

Back in the days of beat street in little hulton :D :king:

Levi B

Nov 21, 2007
Found this thread whilst searching google for 'City Lites Farnworth' !!

Well, as you can imagine by the username........ its me Levi B, although i must admit i do find it strange using that name nearly 20 years later !!!

I have created a group on Facebook called City Lites and thats how i stumbled across your thread........ so after reading it i decided to register.

Bit puzzled as to who you are though Davey, do i know you, should i remember you. I notice you say you were at Chris Burgess's wedding. I spoke to Chris on the phone today and told him about this forum.

Anyway, if you aren't on facebook get on and register and join the group City Lites. I put some tunes on there plus some of Chris & Kens mix from upstairs in City Lites ... The Attic.

I see you found my Miracle Maker tune on youtube, i put that up along with some footage of The Housemartins playing live at City Lites in 1986....... on the stage downstairs where i did my first live raps !!!

Davey

Apr 29, 2006
north west
Found this thread whilst searching google for 'City Lites Farnworth' !!

Well, as you can imagine by the username........ its me Levi B, although i must admit i do find it strange using that name nearly 20 years later !!!

I have created a group on Facebook called City Lites and thats how i stumbled across your thread........ so after reading it i decided to register.

Bit puzzled as to who you are though Davey, do i know you, should i remember you. I notice you say you were at Chris Burgess's wedding. I spoke to Chris on the phone today and told him about this forum.

Anyway, if you aren't on facebook get on and register and join the group City Lites. I put some tunes on there plus some of Chris & Kens mix from upstairs in City Lites ... The Attic.

I see you found my Miracle Maker tune on youtube, i put that up along with some footage of The Housemartins playing live at City Lites in 1986....... on the stage downstairs where i did my first live raps !!!

Hiya John.. cool, glad you've told Chris be sure he mentions it to Ken aswell ...got your pm too m8;) so you know who I am now welcome to the board m8
:thumbsup: