A bit of advice needed on selling tunes

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Guys

Not been on the forum for a while but would appreciate your advice;)

Sadly I am thinking of selling my entire oldskool collection (4000 records), those that remember me from old will know that the collection has pretty much every oldskool/hardcore/d&b tune of note from 88-1993/4. All are in mint condition and now rarely played. I have also spent 1000's adding to collection over the years and I would like to think that if I could be bothered I could sell them all individually it might be worth close to 30k.

check the collection out: sy1975

Has anyone sold there entire collection in one job lot, would anyone potentially be interested? I really would need about £15k for em all or something close to it.

If peeps think thats optimistic I would appreciate your opinion.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Collections are not going for much at the moment. Discogs allows you to value your collection, use this, take the minimum price and if selling as one lot maybe reduce by 1/2 to 1/3rd more. Last collection I bought, 1200 records £150 and included some nice records including Black Dog etc.

To try and recover your money, sell individually however is very slow at the moment and will cost a fortune in postage.

My opinion, if your able to, hang onto them as you are likely to regret selling them once they have gone. Not wanting to be a hawk but if you do decide to split let me know as based in TW so very local to you.

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
I am based in kent.

Siman i agree with you, seems like the bottom has dropped out of the market - have people now really given up on vinyl:|

I was on discogs this afternoon playing a few old tunes and i really don't think its going to be easy to sell em, especially if i have to take a big hit.

I may just stick a few of the big uns on discogs or on here for a fixed price and see how that goes = so if anyone is after something especially pm me

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
So basically, I could pay a few grand and have the best record collection of our generation?

What is the condition like? Honestly?

Sorry its was just a bit of advice I was after - peeps like northern star, cano, butty will know me from a few year back.

I could probably get a few grand by selling 15 - 25 records tbf so don't worry mate;)

I have been buying tunes since 92 and I treat em like my children!! needless to say most are in mint to very good condidtion:D

Gladly it looks like I will be keeping em for the foresably;)

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
SY, as mentioned I am not hawking and my best advise is hang onto them as you will never replace them. I bought a collection in 96ish of UK hardcore 90-93 which the guy absolutely loved, every record was like new, stored in antistatic sleeves and only played on a top end hifi. I bought about £1500 of records for £110 on the agreement that I would look after them. Still have every one of them and all as good as the day they were handed over.

I give the same advise to anybody including Jules, if they are realy that good, you love them that much then sell the equipment before the records as conditions are becoming worse as records are becoming more and more used.

S

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
Brock - Si - thanks for the advice.

Brock I really don't know - as I will be honest and say that I thought they were worth a lot more that I thought (taking into account todays prices:mad: ) Feel free to PM your thoughts

I have decided to list the big tunes on Discogs sy1975 - Buy at Discogs Marketplace

I would happily sell to peeps on the forum and will consider offers - feel free to PM me.

dodgymix

hold on to em.

the price will start climbing in about 10 years.

Its cyclical, market is pants at minute, the buyers are all having kids / bringing kids up, economys crap, when all the old ravers etc kick there kids out at 18 going on 30 the disposable income will return and prices will move upwards.

Just look at Northern soul prices now, its all 50 year olds with wads of cash