80's Oldskool Nights at Vintage at Southbank Centre, end July

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Art Awreet

Jan 12, 2007
London
Quick reminder for anyone who may have missed this event for this weekend, with the 'Warehouse' room celebrating the origins of rave culture

Tomorrow night at Vintage has the Manchester Legends night in the 'Warehouse' featuring:

Mike Pickering
Graeme Park
A Guy Called Gerald
Greg Wilson
Jon Da Silva

Bit annoyed as I've just missed the Timeout offer with £19 discounted tickets. Planning to turn up in the evening and see if they'll let us in cheaper......

Art Awreet

Jan 12, 2007
London
Managed to get into Vintage for the last few hours on the Saturday night:D . Went straight to the "Warehouse" room where A Guy Called Gerald was playing, and needless to say went straight to the front:cool: Was a pretty big room with a booming chest punching sound system

Noticed that Gerald was DJ'ing in general with a laptop. There seemed to be a bit of a problem with the sound setup so they changed the mixer in double quick time, and then Mike Pickering came on for the last 80 minutes, playing an awesome oldskool set;). Mike also played only vinyl. Danced like a complete nutter!

Some tunes I can vaguely remember were "Good Life" by Inner City, TC1991, with "Can U Dance" by Kenny "Jammin" Jason/"Fast" Eddie Smith. Can't remember the others but it was a top night and my first oldksool night since the Back to 88' night at the End a few years back. Will try and make the whole day/eve next year if it is on again. Shame I missed Graeme Park, Greg Wilson and John Dasilva....

Took a couple of snaps of Mike DJ'ing so will try and upload....

Gav

Feb 6, 2004
London
wanted to go to this, but it was £60 a ticket and too be honest, thought that was a bit too pricey, did look great though.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
I agree with Gav, I was going to go with a friend but we decided that with a few drinks, train etc it was going to clear £150 each, a little different to the true old spirit of £5/£10 a ticket etc

S