40th bash help welcome

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
Me and mrs f are hoping to have a bit of a bash in town (mcr) in late October for our joint 40th birthday. Been a bit messed around by a pal who I was trustin to compile me a list of venues etc and I'm under pressure to get a date and everything sorted.

The plan
1) A swanky bar (club?) with late(ish) bar and good sound system / dance floor (podiums a brucey;) ). Suggested venus so far have been Dukes 92, a room at Tiger Tiger, Revolution, Slug n Lettuce in Sale. Would ideally prefer to get me own dj tho rather than rely on a resi at one of these.

2) Top DJ (YOU?) to satisfy a savvy 40yr old crowd. We're talking plenty of 80's funk & soul (think Shannon, Cheryl Lynn, Change, SOS etc) and Hed Kandi Handbag with a fair sprinklin of classic old skool house and Hac classics.

3) Got an idea to do a Hed Kandi style flyer invitation with cartooonme style images of me n her on't decks. Is Butty still doing this I wonder?

So if anyone thinks they can help in any way before I end up cutting cake in the Urmston Masonic to Billy Joel, please get in touch.

Fanx,

j

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
Big thanks so far to the man like Adamw for sorting us out with a booking at one of his residencies, Apotheca Bar in Manchester's Northern Quarter, where he's DJ'ing for us til 1 on Saturday 24th October (his birthday w/end too no less!).

Thereafter it's down to The Ruby Lounge for the 5th Annual 'Yellow' reunion...
Yellow Reunion @ Ruby Lounge | Facebook
Yellow Reunion*|*
We did many a Friday night in the Boardwalk and for this to land on this weekend is a roight tatch! To (kinda) quote Cool Runnings I'm buzzin my Rastafarian nay nays off man! (tho not about the 40 bit :cry: )

If anyone's out in town on the 24th and wants to pop in to say :wave: or even buy me or Adam a flavor flav then you know where we be at. It's a top bar and it gwan rock!

Here's the hottest ticket in town right now
imageview.php

and accompanying wristbands are doing the rounds for those itk ;)

j

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
eh up mate :) sorry only jus seen this about sorting a flyer, should have gimee a nudge mate could have sorted summet for ya

am playin bbdd that night but will be in town so will try n bob in for a jar and half with ya before :thumbsup:

jcf

Mar 27, 2007
Manchester
yeah soz mate I meant to and I know you'da sorted it but my missus got a neighbour involved and they ended up fookin it right up, so in the end I had to just go with a cheap web-based ticket job. Not really the type of flyer I was after but it's done the job.

Deffo pop in tho and I'll sort you a White Russian and a slice of ham & pineapple!

j.

ps still got a rake of your stuff here cluttering up the orifice. D'ya wanna get it? May be a deal to be had...