24 Hour Party People

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blandy

Nov 9, 2005
Has everyone seen this film? I watched it a couple of days ago and though it was fuckin mint! A though it might be a bit too before my time but a understood it all. The Hacienda scene were mint, I've heard they actually remade the club in a warehouse and opened it for 2 nights. Big shame they couldn't of released a bonus disc just showing footage from the club

mjnorth

Oct 23, 2007
Blackburn
Brilliant film!!

Steve Coogan had Tony Wilson down to a tee!!

Hacienda was a fantastic place there was nothing like it and there never will be again unfortunately.
:(

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
Ace film, finally watched it all the way through with out falling aslepp f*cked after an hour the other weekend...
'The Cure' tune on it is ace :love: got it on a CD now

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
good to know you all liked it.
i saw a sneak preview right before it came out the theaters a few years ago and have based my ENTIRE opinion of mancs and manchester on that film. :|

;)

Jen.in.NC

Dec 20, 2007
Arizona
So is ur opinion a good or a bad one..?

silly antz...if i was serious with that last comment, i guess it would be a bit of good and bad....

good = the music, nightlife & fun, care-free attitudes
bad = ummmmmm..yeah...again, the music & the nightlife (as i need sleep these days)

-jen "knew she loved manc and all of the uk before 24 hr pp" in nc

easty

Aug 3, 2006
newton heath
www.myspace.com
The only problem I had with it was the fact they're was not much about New Order in it. Which was kind of funny as they were definitely the most important thing to do with Manchester. They had the best songs, the biggest hits and without them Factory would have gone bump b4 acid house hit the hacienda