The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
could someone please explain to me what google spiders and bots are ??:confused: apparently i need them on my web site, but how the fook do i do that ??

the spiders/bots trawl through each page of ya site and index the pages it goes through into the search engine

ya want the spiders on ya site as then you know the site is getting indexed in google and people can find ya through searches, which brings ya visitors

if you get linked from a few sites then google will find ya and index ya site, it can sometimes take a good few months for you to start seeing the results in google etc

simzzzz

the spiders/bots trawl through each page of ya site and index the pages it goes through into the search engine

ya want the spiders on ya site as then you know the site is getting indexed in google and people can find ya through searches, which brings ya visitors

if you get linked from a few sites then google will find ya and index ya site, it can sometimes take a good few months for you to start seeing the results in google etc

you need to place metatags in the html at the top of your webpage.
you can read up on them here... Meta element - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers guys :thumbsup: but I am still none the wiser on how to put them into my web pages.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
are they stupid dogbots? :D (I like those adverts, i find it strangely cute and feel sorry for it.. I wantb one!) :D#

and as for the other bit... calling it spiders...really, is there any need? :naughty:
Rude.
anything arachnid-related is out of oooordaaaah
ABD_01_08_s_pearly_king.jpg