100+ Downloads

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

stethomas

Sep 1, 2003
manchester
I cannot begin to thank all the people on this site for the amount on knowledge I have obtained and the amount of mixes I have downloaded from you all.

Over the last few weeks I have been converting all my tapes to mp3 and sharing quite a lot of them but in case you have missed any, please feel free to download what you want here:

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

tim

Jul 27, 2001
www.
thanks for the mixes. however, the mix you have labelled as "maximes new years eve '96" is actually NYE 98.

does anyone have a proper copy of nye 96? regards

stethomas

Sep 1, 2003
manchester
Nye 96

thanks for the mixes. however, the mix you have labelled as "maximes new years eve '96" is actually NYE 98.

does anyone have a proper copy of nye 96? regards

Nah it's definately not mate, I know that coz I got it from a guy call Chris Cooke when I was in my last year of high school. Besides, I have NYE '98' and 97, 2000 and 2001 and this is definatley NYE '96' - See previous thread:

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/tracklists/90499-maximes-new-years-eve-1996-tape-one.html

Also you hear Gary shout "Happy 97 to you, from me to you... Are we ready for this one, top tune" over Visionmasters.

What made you think it was 98?

tim

Jul 27, 2001
www.
i had the original nye 1998 and the original nye 1996 on tape - the tunes sound exactly like the ones from the 1998 tape, maybe its just me getting mixed up.

however, maybe there was more than 1 tape in the 1996 set (the one i had was printed with the maximes logo and nye 1996)? i remember quench - dreams being on the tape. it also had a shout to the higher broughton crew. can anyone shed any light?

edit: it also had tin tin out - always something there to remind me on it too

Last edited:

stethomas

Sep 1, 2003
manchester
NYE '96' Part II

Hi BT,

Yeah that was part II which I had nicked out of my garage from a lad at the local garage, I was gutted and never said anything.

It was the one where Rick Jones drops "I just can't stop no" over insomnia wasn't it - CLASS.

I remember the tape well, very poor quality :(

Does anyone have this to upp please, would be much appreciated.

I'll track and do a tracklisting tonight when I get home and hopefully someone will recognise it :)

tim

Jul 27, 2001
www.
thats right mate!

it had rollo goes mystic - love love love here i come

thats all i can remember for now :(