'07/02' - The Northern Project's 1st Birthday Party

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

TICKETS : http://www.skiddle.com/e/11444634/?skrep=140117

LINE-UP

XTC (808 state show, Sequins, Mix Factory Legend)
DAZ WILLOTT (Shelly's, Amnesia House, Fantazia Legend)
MATT BELL (Loveshack, Zone, Empire, Angels Legend)
ANDY PENDLE (Zone Legend)
REG (Monroes, Maximes Legend)
ASH (Northern Project Legend)

Our future legends hour 9-10pm competition winners
Neil James & Matt "Brown e" Brown

CLOSING OUR BIRTHDAY PARTY WITH A DJ SET AND P.A. ARE RAVE LEGENDS

....SHADES OF RHYTHM (Sweet Sensation, Extacy, Sounds of eden)....

TRUST US THIS IS GONNA BE ANOTHER BELTER!!!!!! YOU SMASHED IT LAST TIME!!!! COME AND DO IT AGAIN TO CELEBRATE OUR 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!

SEND INVITE'S TO ALL YOUR OLD SKOOL LOVING MATEY'S AND MUKKA'S!!!! :) DO YOU WANNA GO BACK ONCE AGAIN!!!!! :)

VENUE WN1 - MAXIMES WIGAN
WN1 4EQ

THE NORTHERN PROJECT BRINGS YOU THE TRUE OLD SKOOL DJS, TRUE OLD SKOOL P.A.s TRUE OLD SKOOL MUSIC ALL IN A TRUE OLD SKOOL VENUE THAT WE ALL REMEMBER (MAXIMES) WITH TRUE HAPPY FRIENDLY OLD SKOOL PARTY PEOPLE, JUST LIKE IT USED TO BE!!!!!!....LETS AVE IT!!!!

LINE-UP INFO

MARK XTC

Whilst this DJ has been a name in the underground rave scene for many years, Mark XTC is still one of the driving forces behind the Norths underground music culture.
From not so humble beginnings, he moved on from winning the title of NORTH WEST D.M.C. DJ Champion in the late 80s to producing his own tunes with the MIX FACTORY. Later drawing on influences gained through an involvement in the rave scene and from a passion for Hip-Hop, Mark XTC co-founded the DA INTALEX partnership with friend and old work colleague Marcus Kaye, and was soon enjoying the notoriety afforded by the colossal track What You Gonna Do. This was their first release on FLEX RECORDINGS and has since, in fact, been dubbed as one of the all time top ten drum and bass tunes.

Throughout the growth of jungle, Mark XTC was managing Manchesters major record shops and drum and bass outlets, The Spin Inn and Eastern Bloc Records, as well as producing one anthem after another with THE MIX FACTORY, he was also dj-ing at some of the most prolific clubs and events across the UK, Europe and the World, the impressive play-list includes organizations such as Helter Skelter, Dreamscape, The Eclipse (The Edge), Fantasia, Pure X and underground Manchester nights including Guidance, Spellbound, Metropolis, Freshly Cut and Compulsion at 3000 capacity leisure center Bowlers.

From 1993-1999/2000 Mark XTC and Marcus (DA INTALEX) presented the drum and bass show on the Norths leading dance music radio station, Galaxy 102 (formerly Kiss 102) bringing the cutting edge of the industry to the masses in the north.

As co founder of the INTALEX RECORDINGS record label with Marcus and St files, and founder of JUMP UP RECORDS, Mark XTC released a string of well known tracks, such as I Like It REMIX by DA INTALEX and Jam Hot by Ill Figure (Marcus Intalex & St Files), not forgetting New Dawn by THE X (Mark XTC) remixed by Manchesters ST Files. Following these came releases on other labels, including Moving Shadow, Integral, Hard Leaders, Flex, Penny Black/Dread Recordings, Frontline and of course Beatz/Valve recordings. All of which contributed towards him gaining recognition not only as a DJ but also as a record producer.

Mark XTC is now currently concentrating on producing for THE VALVE RECORDINGS GROUP, but is also open to remix work, and as much dj work that he can fit in, With his vast record collection and music knowledge mark can and has been playing different styles of music ranging from, Classic House sets, Old Skool sets, and of course Drum and bass sets.

DAZ WILLOTT

Daz Willott as worked along side some of the biggest best dj's in the world, Carl Cox, sasha, judge jules, graham park, Hixy, Dougal, Doc Scot, Grove Ryder, and sorpoted live P.A's, N -joi, K-Klass, 808 state, Altern 8 the list of djs and bands is enderles...... He has also worked at many super clubs, Gods Kithen, Cream, Helter Skelter, HTID, Wigan pier, Maximes etc There are DJs and then there are DJs. Some are talked about because they were the first, some are remembered because they were the best. Daz Willott's first clubbing experiences were at the under 18..s night at the Place in Hanley. He had a new outlook on DJing that relied heavily on turntable skills as opposed to just playing records. It was around this time in the mid 80..s that Daz decided to open a record shop. As dance music started to explode in the UK Daz's career started to take off as he was very much one of the country's first house DJ's. A big fan of Graeme Park, Daz got involved with Logical Promotions who put on the Sindrome on Saturday night at Shelleys. Here he was to be one of the MCs. Due to a couple of hundred loyal Stoke followers, Shelleys took of bringing people from all over the UK, with this Daz approached promoters Amnesia House in Coventry, who had put him on at some of their events, to take over the promoting of the Saturday night. On the opening night, with a DJ line up of Grooverider, Stu Allen, Doc Scott and Daz himself and a live PA from rave superstars of the moment, N-Joi, there was a queue of a thousand people, with TV cameras documenting the event and an air of excitement that was to see the Saturday night at Shelleys become the biggest hard core night in the Midlands and the North under Amnesia's reign. Daz also was residint at the famous Entropy nights. and also playing guest Dj at the famouse Kinitek nights wich ran on fridays at the leasure bowl. Daz played at some of the biggest raves in U.k at this time. When it was at its peak in 1992 such as The Amnesia House raves at Donnington Park, Fantasia's big events and many other one offs, spanning the length and breadth of the country. This would see Daz Willott become Stoke's biggest DJ and one of the best known in the Midlands and over seas. Daz has traveled the globe living in Australia for the past 10 yrs on and off. due to not been a resident. I am working on that. Now with the lunch of my first trak 'Sweet Enuff', wich comes out on 'Attitude Trax', late 2007, Daz Willott, uses two samples from some well known old skool tunes.

MATT BELL (Zone Legend/Empire/Angels Legend/Northern Project)

DJ Matt Bell, this Zone Legend started an interest in DJing whilst watching Djs at Blackburn raves back in 1988. Started putting on illegal parties in Preston and then moved onto clubs in 1990 which was Adam n eves in Blackpool. After this shut down, I played regularly at Love Shack on Fridays and then got the break at ZOne. I was a resident there and the Empire at Morecambe until around 1995 when I left and started a residency at Feel in Preston and Angels in Burnley where I played with a whole host of superstar DJs such as Sasha, Carl Cox, Tongy to name but a few. I've also done Bowlers, Fun at Birmingham and Ibiza plus loads of other events, some memorable, some not so..
Although I love new music, Old skool is where its at for me. Matt was gonna hang his headphones up in September 2010 due to work commitiments, but we are glad to say Matt is now able to become a resident Dj for the Northern Project

REG (Monroes/Maximes Legend/Northern Project)

I have been DJ-ing now for about 22 years. I was always into hip hop as a teenager but going to my local club the Pleasuredrome in Farnworth UK and watching the likes of DJ legend Sasha made me want to get involved in the House music scene. I started DJ-ing professionally at a club called Monroes in Great Harwood, near Blackburn, which although only small had a great reputation across the North-West in the early 90s for its house music and atmosphere. I left Monroes after 4 fantastic years and I moved onto Maximes in Wigan, working with an agency called Hypnotic promotions. Being with Hypnotic allowed me to play at such venues as The Hacienda (Manchester), Mr Smiths (Warrington), Park Hall (Wigan) and The Dry Bar (Manchester). After a couple of years I moved onto Federation in Blackpool, playing house music along side DJs Scott Bond, Alex P, Danielle Davoli and Smokin Jo to name just a few. I have since played at a multitude of clubs around the North of England and Europe alongside DJs Dave Morales, Sonique, Graeme Park, Joey Negro, DJ Disciple, Jim Shaft Ryan, Oliver Lang, Lottie, Mark Luvdup and Tim Lennox. I then co-promoted our own club nights under the name Souled Out. Our regular monthly events took place at various venues in the north west including sankeys soap also a new venue in london called the copyright club nr London bridge. Also a project called BACK TO FUNK which is organising parties playing upfront funky house etc.. I also got involved with an events organisation in Amsterdam where I have been flying there on a regular basis playing at there events with djs including Jorgensen, Marcella, Lucien Foort, Martijn Ten Velden to name a few And also we have been able to produce a few dance tracks of our own which up to now have not been signed but we are still hopeful.. These trax can be heard on myspace page:-www.myspace.com/djdamianlee I love the soulful / funky house vibe oh and of course old skool. I play music that is uplifting and often very vocal with a feel good sound primarily because it is the music that I enjoy and also because I feel it brings out the best kind of emotion from the crowd. I have more recently also started playing a slower funky house disco vibe similar to that of artists such as the unabombers, moodymann, trus-me and greg wilson to name a few. I am currently co promoter of THE NORTHERN PROJECT with ASH and have a great following of friends and old skool fans alike and im sure this new project can only blow up over time

Clubs Played As Follows.... Global Chillage (Mataro - Barcelona) Hacienda (Manchester) Bed (Sheffield) Crunch (Birmingham) Dry Bar (Manchester) Generation X (Manchester) Prague 5 (Manchester) Federation (Blackpool) Label (Manchester) Park Hall (Wigan) Maximes (Wigan) Club Xpo (Burnley) Mr Smiths (Warrington) The Egg (London) Club Euro (Blackburn) Cubes Bar (Blackburn) Monroes (Blackburn) Empire (Morecambe) J2 (formerly Juice Bar) (Bolton) Copyright Club (London) De Rechter (Eindhoven - Holland) Various Venues (Ibiza) Ultima (North West) Make Your Move (Amsterdam) Chateau Dâ House @ Fairytales (amsterdam) Club Magazijn (Amsterdam) Back Z treet (Eindhoven - Holland) and many more . . .

ASH (Northern Project Legend)

This guy is a big part of the Northern Project and was bang at it with all you true Old Skool ravers back in the day on the Northern scene.

Ash is a resident DJ/Co-Promoter and the Founder of The Northern Project. He came out of retirement as a DJ in MAY 2010 after 8/9 year out away from it all ;-) lol....Missed it and loving playing again!!! :))))

"l started getting into spinning tunes in about 1993 through Raving and Misbehaving all over the North with you lot ;-) and collecting tunes on vinyl. :) From then l decided l wanted mix music how l liked to hear it be played, PUMPING FUNKY, HAPPY AND UPLIFTING!!! :) Legendary DJ's like Matt Bell & Andy D, Barrie Jay, John J, Andy D, Chris Baker, mainly the early Zone team(What a wicked place that was in Blackpool!!!) (They were top dj's on the Blackpool and Northern scene back then! they mostly played Happy Uplfting Vocal Italian Paino tunes and Blackpool was defo the place for this style of uplifting music in the North to me with the ZONE and SEQUINS. To me you could'nt beat them tunes back then, so that was my path chosen along with the best tunes from all the other clubs and parties up North that l liked and collected!!) they became a big influence on me,(plus many others with different style's and big tunes!! e.g. Welly, Nipper, Paul Taylor, Dave Graham, Mike Knowler, Carl Cox, Stu Allen, Vertigo, Rob Tissera, Noggy, Moggy, Daz Willott, XTC, Craig C, Bowa, Reg, Ruddy, Lee Garry, Lee Turner, Mike E Bloc and Malc T from Wigan Pier(Where l lived for a few year with a good few of you lol D.A.D. Awesome Nights) ;-) plus many many more DJ's l come across whilst partying. Now l have been lucky enough to play along side some of these TRUE LEGENDS :))))))"

Those of you who have attended any off the Northern Project's events or from the old days will vouch that he can kick it, get you on the dancefloor and KEEP you there with your hands in the air!...\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/... :)

A FEW FREE N.P. MIX'S FOR YOU
http://soundcloud.com/dj-ash-northern-project

............PEACE...LOVE...UNITY...RESPECT..............
................THE NORTHERN PROJECT.....................
.....\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/.....

THE NORTHERN PROJECT WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO WHEN IT ALL BEGAN!!! THOSE WHO WHO HAVE TASTED IT YOU KNOW IT!!!!! :)))) SO COME & JOIN THE TRUE NORTHERN OLD SKOOL PARTY VIBE AGAIN!!!! ITS ONE OF THE BEST AROUND!!!! ALL THROUGH YOU THE TRUE OLD SKOOLERS FROM YESTERYEAR WANTING TO HAVE SOME TRUE OLD SKOOL FUN AGAIN AND THE NEW YOUNG CLUBBERS THAT LOVE IT TOO AND KICK IT WITH YOU WITH MASSIVE FRIENDLY HAPPY SMILES!!! PEACE, LOVE, UNITY, RESPECT!! THANKS PEEPS YOUR THE BEST CROWD AROUND!!!!
:D :fekked: :D :fekked: ::D :fekked: :D :fekked: :D :fekked: :D :fekked: