The missing dollar

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

hektik

Dec 5, 2001
london
3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30, SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.
A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25, SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH $5. ON THE WAY THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND KEPT THE OTHER $2 FOR HIMSELF. THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF 27, ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

WHERE IS THE OTHER DOLLAR?

100_bill_rotate_md_wht.gif

OK:confused: RIGHT
The men didnt pay $9 they payed $10
then they where given $3 back, so take that away from the $30 leaves you with the $27 which they actually payed which means they have payed $9 each
but the room cost $25 and the robbin get took $2 for himself

yeah there isnt $3 missing the men actually paid $27
$25 for the room and $2 for robbin ass

:party: top of the class:party:

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Aha - not that old chestnut - used to confuse the masses myself with this one sometimes I was that convincin I confused myself!

The bit that throws everyone is the useless fact that 3 x 9 = 27 which u make them agree is a fact

but it doesnt bare any significance to where the money ends up - ie adding up money paid by geezers + money the bell end has got in his keks

hard to explain but true

hektik

Dec 5, 2001
london
yeah, its pretty easy when u can concentrate. but when someone asked me that question when i were a bit the worse for wear.....

it fecked with me head. i hate peeps at afterparties who fook with yer head!

[someone remember this one to tell to swiss tony]:drevil:

Think of it this way.

Initialy there is $30
$5 is going back to the 3 men, thus the price of the room is of $25

The bell boy gives them $1 each = 3
Keeps $2 for himself = 2

3+2 = 5

25+5 = 30

And therefor there is no residue left......

The error is in the initial calculation of 9 X 3 =27 This is technicaly correct, but can not be applied here as the problem holds the sum of $30 initialy and not 27!

So there you go.... it is a mathematical and logical error that has been commited.

( head hurts!) :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: