Starting from scratch...again, Basic Set Up Advice Please ?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

zot

May 8, 2005
Plymouth, U.K
Been a long time since I've been on here due to babies etc so hope all is well in the land of the oldskool...still love it with a passion !

Am planning on getting back in the game and currently have 2 x CDJ1000MK3 and a DJM800 mixer. I've been offered £2000 for the lot so that's my budget for the minute. I had a set of 1200's for about 15 years and would really like to go back to vinyl...sort of.

Am thinking about getting a set of technics again as they never failed me, just couldn't store the sheer amount of vinyl I had, was getting up towards the 20,000 mark. So, with this in mind am thinking about serato/traktor or a mixer that incoporates them, the Rane 68 looks pretty nice but not sure if it's a bit overkill for home djing ?

Do you really need a mac for these programs or is it just cos they are fasionable ? Last time I played out was in September supporting Grandmaster Flash and even he was lap top djing....though I suppose he does have a vested interest in the rane/serato series. Not my normal cuppa, but I couldn't refuse the offer...played a ghetto funk set.

Am also in the market for a set of speakers. JBL's have always sounded good in my opinion but not sure what amp to get. I'm fortunate enough to live in a detached property so noise ain't a problem.

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated as what with there being so much on the market at the mo and me getting old (35 nearly) I'm a little confused !

Cheers

Zot