software

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
Nov 8, 2010
Hull
sorry that i have posted this in sharing as i thought it may get a better reaction to what im looking for could someone help me please im after some software that split mixes i have few mixes that over 2 hours long that id like to put on to cd and another one i have some mixes that are straight mixes but the tracks are like 3 mins 4 mins exc instead of been like full mix of 1hour something it be great if someone could give me best software as im not clued up on software :) :thumbsup:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
sorry that i have posted this in sharing as i thought it may get a better reaction to what im looking for could someone help me please im after some software that split mixes i have few mixes that over 2 hours long that id like to put on to cd and another one i have some mixes that are straight mixes but the tracks are like 3 mins 4 mins exc instead of been like full mix of 1hour something it be great if someone could give me best software as im not clued up on software :) :thumbsup:

If you burn a track which is too long for a cd in itunes, it asks if you want to burn over a number of discs, just choose yes & then when it prompts to put in new disc, cancel it.
You can also 'join tracks' as well.

Nov 8, 2010
Hull
thank you very much so if i use an 80min cd and the mix is over 2 hours i put the disc and when its says do i want to go over put yes so if the mix goes up to 80mins then do i put new cd in??

Nov 8, 2010
Hull
great stuff thanks andy what confuses me right so to say the mix is 120 mins how do i split into 2 sizes? like 60min each one? sorry if i sound daft but not clued up on things with software very much lol:p

great stuff thanks andy what confuses me right so to say the mix is 120 mins how do i split into 2 sizes? like 60min each one? sorry if i sound daft but not clued up on things with software very much lol:p

i work on two ways... check the time of the file where you may want to split it, or check how big the file is eg 100mg file divide it in two... :thumbsup: