Old Skool Anthemz Ruined My Life

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Westy

Jul 29, 2006
Lancashire
Afternoon, my name is Westy, and I'm a vinyl addict!

After having got a txt of one of my mates on Saturday, mentioning a tracklist forum, I registered myself on the site. Lo and behold, I now have the same pre-Bowlers butterfly's in the stomach ("will we get in, will the queue be too big, whens my lift going to turn up, no mum I don't want anymore tea, and leave baywatch/gladiators/noels house party on the telly...ok I'll turn the music down!") feeling that I thought I had left behind over ten years ago. I have come to realise that these feelings will never leave me! Even as we speak I am waiting for a workman in my house, to finish, and clear off, so I can dust down those old tunes and get on the decks...d:ream, appollonia, parradice, denise lopez.....you have a lot to answer for!

Got my first set of Technics copies in '93 for my 18th and from there I spent all the money I had, and more besides on tunes and nights at Bowlers and Angels before progressing onto Rise in Sheffield, Back to Basics, Ark, Gatecrasher, Cream, The Hacienda, Manumission, Club UK Midlands, Kinetic, Maximes, Wigan Pier ,The Legenday Roxy Rave Nights, and probably the best club night ever, Back Into Time at the Roxy, Bury at which I DJ'd (My tongue is firmly in cheek here...but I remember it as being good). Last year my Girlfriend treated me to a pair of Stanton 150's and a pair of CD decks. Don't go to clubs as such now, but still buying tunes (funky house, electro house, the odd classic) and am off to Creamfields next month!

Well the plumber has just gone....time for a mix methinks!

Westy

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Hahahahah another one bites the dust...good intro Westy and welcome aboard the love bus :thumbsup:

Aye it certainly never leaves you that is sure phones: look at all us lot - old and haggered but wont let go (or is that just me ;))

Ill be honest i dont bother too much about clubbing these days but there are some good old skool reunions about :thumbsup:

anyways...welcome and enjoy yersen :thumbsup: