Jeremy Healy - Positive (The Gold Part) 1995

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
I see ming the merciless 74 is grabbing and throwing stuff up on Mixcloud that he's grabbed from here, including this one.

Shame he doesn't get involved in the forum rather than just leeching mixes and scans for his page.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
a few Mixcloud accounts might disappear now they have a copyright 3 strike rule

mixcloud takedown.jpg

Reactions: chinatownswhite

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
a few Mixcloud accounts might disappear now they have a copyright 3 strike rule

View attachment 39317
Im not sure how parky can request this, unless one of his own tracks are in the sets, if so they should adopt the same thing has YT and mute that track, or are mixcloud sitting by him because he is making them money and hes a big name :rolleyes:..

I know djs have had it rough just like the promotors have with lockdowns etc but tbh I think hes just being an arse tit and up his own bk end.

So really then no mix should be mixcloud because no dj owns any rights to the tracks they play do they unless its there own track, and im sure when mixcloud brought in the paid plan it was to cover copyrights just like an entertainments licence ???

Im sorry but some of these big name Djs need to know if it wasnt for the fans they would be a no one and the average joe aint making no money from uploads to mixcloud SC or YT, infact GP should be happy that people are still finding and uploading his old stuff which he probs dont even have, or is it because he aint happy with the mix he did ? but what he cant get his head around his people sharing his mixes actually promote him go figure GP......

Edit just to add are there other Djs doing the same ?????

Heres a thread about it from last yr

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
So really then no mix should be mixcloud because no dj owns any rights to the tracks they play do they unless its there own track, and im sure when mixcloud brought in the paid plan it was to cover copyrights just like an entertainments licence ???
Exactly. In fact even Parky should be allowed to post up mixes if they aren't all his own tracks!

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Exactly. In fact even Parky should be allowed to post up mixes if they aren't all his own tracks!
Tbh Henry I think Parky is being a total C , I think he has become very bitter and twisted.

I spoke to a very well known oldskool DJ quite a few weeks bk and he was really stoked that people still share his old sets, ok he did say oh man that wernt such a great mix but its still getting my name out there after all these yrs

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

Where does my money go when I subscribe on Mixcloud Select?​

Mixcloud Select is based on a unique revenue share model where everyone involved in making the shows you listen to gets their cut, fairly and legally. The creator keeps the majority share of the subscription after royalty costs and fees. A cut also goes toward Mixcloud to keep things running.

The more you choose to pay, the more the creator gets.
payment_model_2.png

How does my subscription directly support creators?​

By subscribing directly to a channel, the creator receives a majority of the revenue share. Plus, all the artists and underlying rights holders in the music played in the shows receive a payout for their royalties.

This is possible because Mixcloud is a licensed platform, meaning revenue flows in all the right directions. Mixcloud also uses a unique content ID system to identify when individual music tracks are played in shows.

Mixcloud Select is our pioneering move toward building a more sustainable ecosystem for audio culture. This is your chance to support the creators you love listening to, so they can give you more.

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Just to add he has 42,864 Followers

Where does my money go when I subscribe on Mixcloud Select?​

Mixcloud Select is based on a unique revenue share model where everyone involved in making the shows you listen to gets their cut, fairly and legally. The creator keeps the majority share of the subscription after royalty costs and fees. A cut also goes toward Mixcloud to keep things running.

The more you choose to pay, the more the creator gets.
View attachment 39319

How does my subscription directly support creators?​

By subscribing directly to a channel, the creator receives a majority of the revenue share. Plus, all the artists and underlying rights holders in the music played in the shows receive a payout for their royalties.

This is possible because Mixcloud is a licensed platform, meaning revenue flows in all the right directions. Mixcloud also uses a unique content ID system to identify when individual music tracks are played in shows.

Mixcloud Select is our pioneering move toward building a more sustainable ecosystem for audio culture. This is your chance to support the creators you love listening to, so they can give you more.
Thanks for sharing that Scott, so I now wonder if it is parky getting sets pulled or is it Mixcloud doing it on his behalf ? if so I take back what ive said, But I have heard of him doing it bedfore of this new set up....
Im not to sure about there unique content ID system, it never really pulled any tracks up for me in the past.

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Tbh Henry I think Parky is being a total C , I think he has become very bitter and twisted.
Sadly, I agree dude. Disappointing for me as he's one of my DJ heroes.

I'm not a fan of DJs these days with all this branding, logos, merch etc etc. Parky has done this. It's funny as he uses a variation of the acid house smiley face. How can you copyright that? Just change the shape of the eyes and mouth? And yet you can't share his mixes which comprise of tracks for a multitude of artists?! That's like a chef buying a load of ingredients from different shops, and not being allowed to sell his dishes in his restaurant in case the supermarket he bought them from, or grower of some of the produce is not happy!

I totally get that people need to generate an income, but there are ways of doing this. Jon Cooper (Jon Pleased) is a good example, during the last year or so, since the pandemic started, he's been creating artwork and prints.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Just to add he has 42,864 Followers

Thanks for sharing that Scott, so I now wonder if it is parky getting sets pulled or is it Mixcloud doing it on his behalf ? if so I take back what ive said, But I have heard of him doing it bedfore of this new set up....
Im not to sure about there unique content ID system, it never really pulled any tracks up for me in the past.
followers are different to subscribers, you can follow somebody on mixcloud for free but need to subscribe to hear select content.

yeah I was wondering about their unique content ID system, ive seen mixcloud uploads where it names a couple of tracks, if it done a full tracklist id happily pay for select just to get the IDs

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008