isp help pls

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
have just had 40 gigs of mp3s movies etc deleted by one of my isps without a word of warning. This is the third time they have done this. Does anyone know of any isps with plenty of webspace who aren't that stringent with what you have on their spaces

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
You 100% sure that's whats happened?

Only some servers move your files (often without telling you) one I was with, moved my whole site and left the old one running for a month, didn't tell me they'd moved it, so I was none the wiser, and it resulted in me losing a number of users who'd joined the board, and a load of posts as when it was switched over, they hadn't backed it up, so it was a month old.

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
absolutely certain mate

blue jammer said:
You 100% sure that's whats happened?

Only some servers move your files (often without telling you) one I was with, moved my whole site and left the old one running for a month, didn't tell me they'd moved it, so I was none the wiser, and it resulted in me losing a number of users who'd joined the board, and a load of posts as when it was switched over, they hadn't backed it up, so it was a month old.

I hid my files about 4 levels down and in place of them was a nice little text message telling me I have violated something or other. Thing is they erase everything and then ask questions later and twice they have apolagised after and said. Oh you can just upload everything again. ERM NO I CAN'T CAUSE IT WAS ON THE SERVER

ps:- thanks for the isp suggestion chap I will get on to them quicktime!!!!