Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

coyle

Aug 16, 2001
manchester
www.fukdup.co.uk
nah fella, i fukkin wish!!
she got closed down a good 6 month or moor back cos of a death (or 2) on the premises (i think)
never actually been meself , devode i never made the effort to go now though:(

oh well, theres always goodtimes init:D

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
bowlers RIP

never to reopen as far as i'm aware
i'm good friends with the gaffers missus

but he's hopefully hosting a gig in may 02
at the manc evening news arena

(hush hush)

there was a death early last summer 2001
(helter skelter/compulsion combo event)
which killed it off

(them hardcore ravers don't know when's enough is enough)

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Life @ Bowlers (Its gone, so thank fuck for GT)

Bowlers was NEVER the same after Life finished there. I stopped goin' in 97 ish which was when it became compulsion or somehting.
ago and they pleaded with him not to tak
I was gutted when that day came cos I had had the best 4 years of my life there - I am just very very thankful that GT has been born, and that I've found it!

One of my mates had a bit of an 'incident' there years and years ago and they pleaded with him not to take it any further cos they would get closed. We certainly didnt want that to happen so he got better and we got in free for a while!!

Life @ Bowlers - praise be.
Goodtimes - Praise be.

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
aye LIFE was the best ever , for those that dont know me and mik (other gt promoter) were total life heads!! we lived for the place !! hence when life closed that is what inspired us to put GT on!! we like to think we put in to the GT nites what was back then or as close as we can get to it !! and after the last one were gettin there slowly !!!! the vibe at the last GT was summat spec!! will remember that nite fir time!!!

and life actually closed cos they went bust !!!! belive it or not !!! hard to belive innit when they was fillin the place week in week out with 1000"s!!!! the last life nite was on nye 98,then seduction came in and carried on doin old skool nites (does any one remeber them ??the timeless nites ???they were well wiked!! they lasted bout a year then compulsion took over.. (no offence some good nites but not a touch on life !!!!!)